Geko's SuperSlope Cross Dashboard

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
ScarletPipernel

Post by ScarletPipernel »

Question for Geko.

Does CSS.iCustom contain both Gary.Baluda.SuperCSSv.2.0 and 10.7 CSS.v3.8ps_with_AlertsCross? The default settings for slope are set to 7 MA and 50 ATR periods, which corresponds with the recommendations for SuperCSS. Should we use 21/100 as recommended if we only have 10.7CSS installed? Does it make any difference?

I am wondering if I should add adjustments to these slope settings to the testing regimen.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Scarletpipernel,

I like your thought process, not because you have mentioned me. Kudo's to you Buddy, keep it up....You are a thinker and a deserved member of this community and follow a similar thought process as mine. I am putting together a package hopefully this weekend that will show the way I am heading and Geko's superslope is one of them...checks and balances are crucial in a trading system.

Cheers
Leon
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx800 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:17 pm wrote:
Thanks Tommaso.Will try that and see.
Tried that and still getting the zero divide error. Never mind. Let someone else be the guinea pig and try it on a small live account.
oppy

Post by oppy »

thank you very much ... I will try
ScarletPipernel

Not much to report testing-wise this week as I have been ill, and I've been mustering my energies for testing over December. I did set up a series of GP demo accounts with the same currency, initial deposit and leverage (1:100). I've loaded them all up with Geko's DB and HGBnD, both Leon's v.1 and Steve's latest v.2g, as well as one more utility which is the reason I'm posting now.

I mentioned last week that a time-based exit might be worth trying, instead of relying on a trade manager with fixed or dynamic stops set per individual pair. I wanted to try closing the entire basket at a time when chances were good that it was near peak profitability for a given time period. I've noticed that sometimes the basket is well ahead of the game, then I come back a few hours or half a day later to find it in the red again, and that''s either perfectly normal or completely annoying, :arrrg: or both.

What would happen I wondered, if you could identify likely 'peak times' when the basket tends to be at an optimum, and close it out each time, then let it renew its trades and repeat this process?

[Edit] It looks like Rene's Tradechart tool does this? Graphs the equity and the balance over time? For now I'm using Geko's Trade Report tool, which you can find on his site. I haven't had a chance to try out Rene's utilities, but I will.

Using the equity reporting tool for the last few days I've noticed there seem to be four (4) peaks during the 24h trading day. Not three, which is what I would have expected. I didn't take profits this week, as I didn't want to affect the system. This week I will try taking profits near peak times. It's still early days for this theory, so it might be an illusion.

Still, I thought I should mention it in case anyone else wants to experiment with this exit method and comes up with something excellent. Hopefully we'll have some interesting results over the next couple of weeks.
4thWavE
Trader

Post by 4thWavE »

It's still early days for this theory, so it might be an illusion.

It ain't an illusion!

I'll try to catch up on your mention of other trader's items and share say, in a week. Sorry you've been ill - assume however that you live in a "warm" climate, as you would for sure feel worse living here in UK( We are ALL suffering with BEXITITIS...Jeez!)

4th
Jollyroger
Trader

Post by Jollyroger »

What would happen I wondered, if you could identify likely 'peak times' when the basket tends to be at an optimum, and close it out each time, then let it renew its trades and repeat this process?

I have been trading the dashboard manually for several days in just this way. I open trades at 7:00 CST and close them between 8:00 and 8:15 CST. I use 5 15 30 for my dashboard settings.(I am experimenting with other settings also). Results have been fantastic. Using 1% of account balance on each trade I have averaged better than 10% increase in the account each day. It is way to soon to make any judgements but I can't help but be very optimistic based on the results so far.

Roger

UPDATE ON THIS AM TRADING.....A DISASTER. I'm holding it until tomorrow hoping for an overnight reversal. It's a demo or I would have dumped it earlier. (Which of course I should have done anyway)
ScarletPipernel

Do you let the EA take all the trades for that 10% or do you select them manually? Impressive either way.
Jollyroger
Trader

Post by Jollyroger »

ScarletPipernel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 am wrote:Do you let the EA take all the trades for that 10% or do you select them manually? Impressive either way.
I select them manually and use 2 proprietary indicators to make my decision to trade the pair. The two Non proprietary indis are T3 and MA in Color set to 21 LWMA close. Sorry I can't list the proprietary ones.

On my preceding post the basket closed with a 3% profit. I used Milanese Basket EA set to 3% to close it. Normally I monitor manually but I used the EA to back out of the trade last night. Hope this info helps!

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this trading method will only work successfully during periods of high volatility for selected pairs. I will not post further until the experiment has a longer term record.

Roger
afeudale
Trader

Post by afeudale »

Hey Geko!

Awesome Dashboard and exactly what I was looking for!

I'm curious: is there an option to set the colour for ranging CSS values and their threshold?

For example, in the Baluda Slope Values CSS indicator, it will show different variants of red, green or neutral colours to indicate slopes of >+0.4, >+0.8, <-0.4, <-0.8 and ranging between -0.4 to +0.4.

I mostly use CSS for range trading, so it would be awesome if a dashboard could show say, blue, for values between -0.4 to +0.4.

Thanks!

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”