Geko's SuperSlope Cross Dashboard

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
Geko
Trader

Post by Geko »

fxstrategie » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:51 pm wrote:first of all i want to say a big THANK YOU for this awesome work !!! :)

interestingly - i've a lot ob crazy entrys within my journal tab - it seem's that the order close
is initiatet at price 0.0000 - as i darkly remember there are similar behavior during the dottybot experience,
which results in some proof-routines before trade closure...

Any Ideas how to avoid this? :/
Hi,

Which Broker are you using, I will try to duplicate those Phantom trades. For the moment, I do not see where they are coming from.

Are you using any of the individual trade mode closure? I do not see anything weird in your settings.

To close trades there are only those options in the DB EA:

- Manual closure with button close all trades
- Basket % profit close all trades
- Basket % loss close all trades
- Close individual trades at +/- threshold
- Close individual trades at +/- delta

Cheers,
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

Hi Geko,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. I would like to test it on a small IG UK live account but is getting the following error message :

2016.11.14 00:48:05.216 %21%21-CSS-Dirty-DB-EA GBPJPY(£),H1: zero divide in '!!-CSS-Dirty-DB-EA.mq4' (662,139)

Is there anything I can do please ?

Just like to add that there is no such problem with AxiTrader demo.
fxstrategie
Trader

Post by fxstrategie »

fx800 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 am wrote:Hi Geko,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. I would like to test it on a small IG UK live account but is getting the following error message :

2016.11.14 00:48:05.216 %21%21-CSS-Dirty-DB-EA GBPJPY(£),H1: zero divide in '!!-CSS-Dirty-DB-EA.mq4' (662,139)

Is there anything I can do please ?

Just like to add that there is no such problem with AxiTrader demo.
Have you check that all pairs in market window are displayed? For me this solves the error...
fxstrategie
Trader

Post by fxstrategie »

Geko » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:43 am wrote:
Hi,

Which Broker are you using, I will try to duplicate those Phantom trades. For the moment, I do not see where they are coming from.

Are you using any of the individual trade mode closure? I do not see anything weird in your settings.

To close trades there are only those options in the DB EA:

- Manual closure with button close all trades
- Basket % profit close all trades
- Basket % loss close all trades
- Close individual trades at +/- threshold
- Close individual trades at +/- delta

Cheers,
hi :)

this ones come from XM.COM - as you can see on the screenshoot beside my set file, only the following buttons are activated:
- Trading on
- Keep Trading on
- Profit closure
- loss closure
- bar 0 cross on

so, absolute default settings...
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fxstrategie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 am wrote:
Have you check that all pairs in market window are displayed? For me this solves the error...
Thanks for the suggestion, fxstrategie. Just tried that but still the same zero divide error.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

fx800 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 am wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, fxstrategie. Just tried that but still the same zero divide error.
This happens too when you not have enough bars in all pairs for the calculations(so try to update the bars in all time-frames for the symbols you use), or suffixes prefixes, ecc..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

milanese » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:49 am wrote: This happens too when you not have enough bars in all pairs for the calculations(so try to update the bars in all time-frames for the symbols you use), or suffixes prefixes, ecc..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Thanks Tommaso.Will try that and see.
rommark
Trader

Post by rommark »

Dear OP,

Can we add into DB push/email signals based on MTF:

H1 CROSS with H4/D1 Agree = MTF Signal
D1 CROSS with W1/MN Agree = MTF Signal

Those MTF Signals very powerful and can help a lot in manual trading.

Would strongly appreciate if it could be added,

Thank you so much!

* Mode please do not delete it if possible :) *
ScarletPipernel

Post by ScarletPipernel »

Just in case it's helpful I can confirm the phantom trades are present in Global Prime as well as Tickmill.
ScarletPipernel

Post by ScarletPipernel »

Testing this week was marred by a couple of unwise decisions on my part. First, I decided to let the dashboard run without intervention all week to see what would happen.

Can you guess? It wasn't pretty. It reaffirms what we all know already. Just like a child in a shopping mall, no EA should be left unattended for too long. I recommend following Leon's method, and close your baskets prior to the end of each session, if they are profitable. If they aren't, there doesn't seem to be any harm in letting hopeful trades run, but I close the hopeless ones.

Then at the end of the the week I noticed one of the tests I was running was 'stuck'. As a result it wasn't opening new trades, and its performance was far behind the others. That's too bad because it would have been the tie-breaker in helping me decide if the trade manager I'm using was a help or a hindrance. More on trade management near the end of this post.

Main takeaways.
The long-term test recovered magnificently and is now in second place. The MN-W1-D1 setting is definitely a keeper. It may have been helped by Milanese' APTM.

The main surprise is the strong result of D1-D1-H4, and D1-H4-H4, which are really the same setting, and they are far outperforming D1-H4-H1, which isn't intuitive. This needs to be investigated further. I have noticed that broker choice has a big effect on performance, you won't be surprised there. The thing is in addition to spread and commission differences, small differences in broker data can affect which pairs the EA decides to open and close. For future testing I am going to move all the hopeful candidates to GP demos to level the playing field.

Another choice I am leaning towards is to turn off all individual trade closure buttons (LT, MT and ST) for both cross and delta. I have even turned them off for the long-term test. I find that they simply drain the account with a series of small losses. Even when a pair crosses over, it can still often turn profitable. If there was a 'close only when unprofitable by more than X' option that might be more useful but I am not requesting this feature. I am also leaning towards turning off % loss closure, which means only % profit closure is on. The sweet spot for that setting depends on your account size but so far I like 1% per 1k of balance. Which on my demos means 3%. So if I'm turning off % loss closure what do we do for shirt protection?

Trade management
A wise man once said that when investing, follow the lead of people who are smarter than you. In this case I will once again recommend you to Leon (Wavegarrick) who is leading the way with a method he describes in the HGBnD thread. I hope he will come here to describe it in more detail. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... &start=100

Basically he uses a version of HGBnD (that doesn't place trades?) to manage all his trades using Geko's dashboard, as well as Matty's dashboard, and some others. The offsetting and hedging (?) manages the risk for all trades. This makes the dashboard trade management redundant. It sounds brilliant to me, and so far his methods have borne that out. I will be trying that next week, along with a D1-H4-H1/D1-H4 rat race.

Summary:
  • Try D1-H4-H4 and MN1-W1-D1
  • Turn off all trade management buttons except % profit closure and use a trade manager
  • Close profitable baskets near the end of each session/before the start of a new session
  • Prune hopeless trades in unprofitable baskets; let the hopeful ones run into the following session as they have a decent chance of reversing
  • Read all of Leon's posts in this thread and others. Read them twice.
  • This is just my experience and yours may differ. Please let us know if it does.

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”