Is this impossible in Empty4 name(xclr8tr-jackknife)

xclr8tr
Trader

Is this impossible in Empty4 name(xclr8tr-jackknife)

Post by xclr8tr »

Hi All,
First post here and yes I am an pipaholic for too long now...

**After thinking about this a bit I am editing the description.
****When this job is completed what you will find is in essence an always in the market trading ea made to do all of the basic things that maybe an "mptm" rolled into a "snowball" and managed with a "Carolco" would do, the Jackknife.

The Jackknife is an always in the market trader, all settings you could want for basic necessities.

This could be a great starting point for anyone looking to build there first trader safely and sanely OR madhatter suicidal gang-nam style if you like.

As I said all other extraneous, directional indicators or addon's could be attached from outside or programmed in as each person learns and sees fit...

I feel better now like maybe I may have contributed a very small seed that can grow... :)

When people come here wanting to learn or start but don't have or want the programming skills, just throw them this for a while to distract them lol ;)

All directional stimulus etc would be fed from outside always leaving the main nucleus of the jackknife intact and safe from harm. I envision it out of the box as a respectable trader with a few auto presets built in with respectable parameters for them to safely explore.

Now it is more complex but is built for all not just me...
Does the software above/below exist or just need minor tweaks and I'm just missing it ???

No, it's not a grid, marty, molly, joey and it won't be used by me as presented but was easiest to explain this way ;)

Not sure if can be done in Empty4

Carolco, Snowball, mptm mix would be simple example I think but missing pieces...
Last edited by xclr8tr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Geges
Trader

Re: Is this impossible in Empty4 with OANDA

Post by Geges »

lol
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Do you have any reason to think this will actually work? Or is this just some crazy idea you've got and you want somebody to test it for you? Because unless you've got proof that it works, I can just about 99.9% guarantee you it won't. It's been done a thousand times. Maybe not with your particular twist, but it's been done.
xclr8tr
Trader

Post by xclr8tr »

Hi Gary,

It works fine, you just have to fine tune it. I have used it for years to trade into barriers and that's all I'm going to say about that as we don't need to get into a long discussion about exotics etc...

Think beach with laptop... ok multiple laptops... probably look weird if I had a quad screen sticking out of the ground... might attract the girls for a minute ;)

p.s. you won't see my twist because it lives on a spreadsheet in quantsville the state of Wilmott

p.s.s. this might be considered an antigrid if that makes you feel better i.e. losses are linear and growth in my own exponential quadraticly algorithmic sort of way ha ha :)
garyfritz wrote:Do you have any reason to think this will actually work? Or is this just some crazy idea you've got and you want somebody to test it for you? Because unless you've got proof that it works, I can just about 99.9% guarantee you it won't. It's been done a thousand times. Maybe not with your particular twist, but it's been done.
Last edited by xclr8tr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeh
Trader

Re: Is this impossible in Empty4 name(xclr8tr-jackknife)

Post by monkeh »

is it Bill or JB behind these lines?
Sgt.Forex
Trader

Post by Sgt.Forex »

monkeh wrote:is it Bill or JB behind these lines?
nice conclusion :lol:
Money makes the world go round! ;)
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Nahh, xclr8tr is a LOT more coherent than they are. But unfortunately his system description isn't.
xclr8tr
Trader

Post by xclr8tr »

Description is coming, trading comes first...

It's hard to describe something you've been trading off of a spreadsheet and by hand in a way that is coherent for a programmer, hopefully by tonight we'll have something more tangible, about halfway there now ;)

EUR/USD's been good to me

Will try to do screenshots, that may help also...

xclr8tr
garyfritz wrote:Nahh, xclr8tr is a LOT more coherent than they are. But unfortunately his system description isn't.
xclr8tr
Trader

Post by xclr8tr »

Hi all,

See you in a bit

xclr8tr
xclr8tr wrote:Description is coming, trading comes first...

It's hard to describe something you've been trading off of a spreadsheet and by hand in a way that is coherent for a programmer, hopefully by tonight we'll have something more tangible, about halfway there now ;)

xclr8tr
garyfritz wrote:Nahh, xclr8tr is a LOT more coherent than they are. But unfortunately his system description isn't.
Last edited by xclr8tr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xclr8tr
Trader

Post by xclr8tr »

So if it looks like I mixed or messed something up, don't be afraid to say something because likely I did.

xclr8tr wrote:Description is coming, trading comes first...

xclr8tr
Last edited by xclr8tr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Automated trading systems”