Multi Pair Swing Trader,,

MrLong

Multi Pair Swing Trader,,

Post by MrLong »

• SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's. Remember to set CriminalIsECN to 'true' if your crim insists on two-stage order sending.
Trading method

M60 Timeframe
Buy when price goes above the last swing and the Ma 21 EMA is above the Ma 55 EMA.

Sell when price goes below the last swing and the Ma 21 EMA is below the Ma 55 EMA.

I've add a partial close function based on selling a % of the original lot size when price goes above what ever pips is set.

I've added a switch for those traders wishing to use another trade manager.
extern bool AnotherTM = false; /// Switch to true if you are using another trade manager, this will switch trade management off.

Make sure you have the ZigZag indi in your indicators folder.

Version 1.02:

Added Slope, Strength and changed the OrderSend method, so if your crim is a ECN, you will need to switch the, extern bool CriminalIsECN = true;

You will need to install Recent Strength indi with settings, TimeFrames: H1, Numpoints 25 and I have RefreshEveryXMins set at 4.

If you don.t want to use strength or slope, just turn it off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MrLong on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
fire580
Trader

Re: Multi Pair Swing Trader,,

Post by fire580 »

Thank you MrLong will check this out right away
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

Sorry.... I know this is probably something stupid on my part - but I am getting "Order Send failed, Non- positive tick returned" can anyone help?

Thanks,
Fire580
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

This did not trigger once but is continuous ......order send failed non positive tick returned - happens to be on USDCAD and there has been no triggers of other pairs since the EA was turned on about an hour ago. Will remove until get some clarification
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

fire580 wrote:This did not trigger once but is continuous ......order send failed non positive tick returned - happens to be on USDCAD and there has been no triggers of other pairs since the EA was turned on about an hour ago. Will remove until get some clarification
That means the EA is sending an order and the crim is not accepting it.
musky
Trader

Post by musky »

This method has been tried many times . Sorry
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

@musky - so you want to say "this one doesn't work ... at the end - never" ?

hmmm ... on the other side: MrLong - what are your points ? Did you trade this method manually long enough - or do you have convincing backtest results ? ;)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Andy, I have taken the liberty of adding ZigZag to your post 1, to make sure that newbs can find it.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

SteveHopwood wrote:Andy, I have taken the liberty of adding ZigZag to your post 1, to make sure that newbs can find it.

:D
Thank you , Steve..
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

musky wrote:This method has been tried many times . Sorry
Hello musky,

I have found in testing that M60 timeframe, seems to do well, so I've put the EA up for others to try.

Best Regards
Andy

Return to “Automated trading systems”