10.3 Day Breaker EA

JulesvH
Trader

Re: 10.3 Day Breaker EA

Post by JulesvH »

SteveHopwood wrote: This is a simple EA, so adding refinements/options is a doddle. Would you like to have inputs telling it to trade the cross of the DO or the previous day's hilo, so you can experiment?
Steve, that option would be appreciated.
I rather have it opening a new trade at previous day's hilo, but off course, with an option people can decide for their own. So if you still have a spare minute left..... ;)
JulesvH
Trader

Post by JulesvH »

FreddyFX wrote:I am getting confused.
Is this an addition to what was posted earlier about 10.3 Simple ???

...and where the Slope would get added in a few days?
Nope, this is just a "new" system that is based on nanningbob's 10.3 system. Bob noticed that trading in the direction of the daily open above the daily pivot gives an edge. I used that idea to come up with this simple system. The idea is to gain a small profit (or small loss) and with more winners than losers an account can steadily grow. You don't need to gain 100 pips per trade to succeed. Constistanly gaining a few can also do the trick. Certainly when compounding interest comes in play.

Slope is an addition Steve put in. I believe it is already in his Shell EA code, so I guess taking that out is more work than coding this EA. It is not part of my system, but feel free to experiment and share results.
sasha100

Post by sasha100 »

SteveHopwood wrote:
sasha100 wrote:Sorry, where can I find original 10.3 manually trading system?

thanks,
Alex
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=38&t=919

:D
Thank You, Steve! :D
neilrickaby

Post by neilrickaby »

amazing work steve once again, I'll see if i can get my head round it :)
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Hi All,
dont know if this had anything to do with the opening of the markets, but only on EURJPY, i had the rogue message come up.

Only one trade highlighted in blue that closed straight away, but no problem with other charts. using 1% risk because i cant use 0.1%.

Happy to test your idea Jules,
thank you Steve and Jules for this EA and wishing all a basket of pips this week.
reagrds
cuz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=36&t=848
atharmian
Trader

Post by atharmian »

I think too such a hi-lo option would be appealing.

A hi-lo of the previous day would be just like an outside bar akin to the PeterCrowns DIBS(Daily Inside Bar Setup) strategy popular on FF in 2010/11, also coded by Steve (what haven't you coded? :) ) So this is a bit different different than DIBS which looks at IB breakouts- but possibly more powerful.

IMHO, the DO>DP doesn't look at overall conditions; the hi-low breakout has a statistically better chance.

Athar.
JulesvH wrote:
SteveHopwood wrote: This is a simple EA, so adding refinements/options is a doddle. Would you like to have inputs telling it to trade the cross of the DO or the previous day's hilo, so you can experiment?
Steve, that option would be appreciated.
I rather have it opening a new trade at previous day's hilo, but off course, with an option people can decide for their own. So if you still have a spare minute left..... ;)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

cuzgeorge wrote:Hi All,
dont know if this had anything to do with the opening of the markets, but only on EURJPY, i had the rogue message come up.

Only one trade highlighted in blue that closed straight away, but no problem with other charts. using 1% risk because i cant use 0.1%.

Happy to test your idea Jules,
thank you Steve and Jules for this EA and wishing all a basket of pips this week.
reagrds
cuz
Remember all those times that umpteen trades opened and instantly closed - variety of bots over time. This feature detects a trade closure < 5 minutes after said trade opens and warns users that there might be a problem. It is an account-blowing-bloop protector.

If the trade closed quickly for legit reasons, then all is well. If not, then the function has highlighted a problem whose source needs hunting down.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
whitegoodman

Post by whitegoodman »

looks good steve, the hilo option makes sense more to me, test both
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

SteveHopwood wrote:Remember all those times that umpteen trades opened and instantly closed - variety of bots over time. This feature detects a trade closure < 5 minutes after said trade opens and warns users that there might be a problem. It is an account-blowing-bloop protector.

If the trade closed quickly for legit reasons, then all is well. If not, then the function has highlighted a problem whose source needs hunting down.

Nice! ;)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1.

There are two methods of trade entry:
  • A cross of the Daily Open price in the relevant direction. TradeTheDailyOpen is the input that controls this.
  • A cross of the previous D1 candle's high or low in the relevant direction. TradeThePreviousHiLo is the input that controls this.
You can have both trading modes operating and the bot will take the first available trade. You can alter any of the opening prices by dragging the lines.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”