10.3 Day Breaker EA

JulesvH
Trader

Re: 10.3 Day Breaker EA

Post by JulesvH »

Thanks for testing, Cuz.
Hope you come up with some nice settings and results.
willmalou
Trader

Post by willmalou »

I am also testing, Running from Toyko open for three hours, then from London open to London close. Will post results later today, have been pretty good so far I think.
chapboy

Post by chapboy »

JulesVh,

Thanks for the response. I am trading on the daily instead of lower time frames. Have done pretty good with 10.2. I would like to supplement with DO entries. I am in the US east coast time. My new day is 7pm my time. I would like to start time of 2300 and end time of 1600 local time. I have entered "+23.00,-16.00". I have entered "+2300,-1600". I have enter "+23:00,-16:00". I have rotated through every time for a start and I always get "Outside trading hours:". This fits my style of trading and it looks good visually. Thanks for any help you can provide. By the way, using forex.com (Gain) as a broker and of course I must follow the stupid rules for US.

Chapboy
JulesvH
Trader

Post by JulesvH »

@ Chapboy, my daily candle starts at 23.00 (at least this time of year with daylight savings)
I tried to let it start at 23h also, till 22:30h. But that didn't seem to work. I guess it is because the start time is higher than end time.

Now I start an hour later. I use "+00.00,-22.30" now, so starting an hour later.

I haven't tried another thing that came up on my mind. Run 2 EA's, same magic number.
Let one trade from 23.00 till 23.59 and one from 00.00 till 16.00
chapboy

Post by chapboy »

Thanks Jules. Today I tried different brokers. Still no change. I'll try your idea about 0000. I can live with that. Happy trading :)
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

JulesvH wrote:@ Chapboy, my daily candle starts at 23.00 (at least this time of year with daylight savings)
I tried to let it start at 23h also, till 22:30h. But that didn't seem to work. I guess it is because the start time is higher than end time.

Now I start an hour later. I use "+00.00,-22.30" now, so starting an hour later.

I haven't tried another thing that came up on my mind. Run 2 EA's, same magic number.
Let one trade from 23.00 till 23.59 and one from 00.00 till 16.00

I have had this issue as well and the only thing I can think of is also that it's because the start time is higher than the end time
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

I don't understand why you are having problems with the start and stop times:

//CheckTradingTimes. Baluda has provided all the code for this. Mny thanks Paul; you are a star.
extern string trh = "----Trading hours----";
extern string tr1 = "tradingHours is a comma delimited list";
extern string tr1a = "of start and stop times.";
extern string tr2 = "Prefix start with '+', stop with '-'";
extern string tr2a = "Use 24H format, local time.";
extern string tr3 = "Example: '+07.00,-10.30,+14.15,-16.00'";
extern string tr3a = "Do not leave spaces";
extern string tr4 = "Blank input means 24 hour trading.";
extern string tradingHours = "+00.00,-16.00";
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you entered Example: '+22.30,-23:59,+00:00,-22.29'; it should work.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I am under the impression that this is why this method is used.

Rgds
RM
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

retireme wrote:I don't understand why you are having problems with the start and stop times:

//CheckTradingTimes. Baluda has provided all the code for this. Mny thanks Paul; you are a star.
extern string trh = "----Trading hours----";
extern string tr1 = "tradingHours is a comma delimited list";
extern string tr1a = "of start and stop times.";
extern string tr2 = "Prefix start with '+', stop with '-'";
extern string tr2a = "Use 24H format, local time.";
extern string tr3 = "Example: '+07.00,-10.30,+14.15,-16.00'";
extern string tr3a = "Do not leave spaces";
extern string tr4 = "Blank input means 24 hour trading.";
extern string tradingHours = "+00.00,-16.00";
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you entered Example: '+22.30,-23:59,+00:00,-22.29'; it should work.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I am under the impression that this is why this method is used.

Rgds
RM

Yes, that is how it should work & it's not difficult to put the preferred times in, but for some reason when the start time is 'higher' than the end time it doesn't seem to work.
For me in Australia and using my preferred local start/end time's to compute time, I need to input the following

+17.00,-06.00

17.00 (my local) start time is 1 hr before London open, & 06.00 (my local end time) is 3 hrs before NY close.

As you can see your example & the example in the EA & in post 1 are all using times that are running in chronological order (and these all work fine), whereas those of us living in the the sunny part of the world right now start trading in the late afternoon, early evening, trading overnight & finishing in the morning.
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

fxozgirl wrote:

Yes, that is how it should work & it's not difficult to put the preferred times in, but for some reason when the start time is 'higher' than the end time it doesn't seem to work.
For me in Australia and using my preferred local start/end time's to compute time, I need to input the following

+17.00,-06.00

17.00 (my local) start time is 1 hr before London open, & 06.00 (my local end time) is 3 hrs before NY close.

As you can see your example & the example in the EA & in post 1 are all using times that are running in chronological order (and these all work fine), whereas those of us living in the the sunny part of the world right now start trading in the late afternoon, early evening, trading overnight & finishing in the morning.
Hi fxozgirl

Greetings from sunny Perth -3 hours

It is still not clear, unless you mean from a string of open and close times you are still having the problem.

Are you saying that '+17:00, -23:59, +00:00, -06:00' will not work? Or is it just '+17:00, -06:00' that isn't working?

Rgds
RM
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

retireme wrote:
fxozgirl wrote:

+17.00,-06.00

Hi fxozgirl

Greetings from sunny Perth -3 hours

It is still not clear, unless you mean from a string of open and close times you are still having the problem.

Are you saying that '+17:00, -23:59, +00:00, -06:00' will not work? Or is it just '+17:00, -06:00' that isn't working?

Rgds
RM
Hey RM, I didn't realise you were in Perth!! :D
My broker is GMT +2, so looking to start trading at 5pm Melbourne time and finish at 6am the next morning. So the only string I have been entering is +17.00,-06.00.
It just doesn't seem to like having the start time later than the end time (from a 24 hr clock perspective).
I haven't tried it this way, '+17:00, -23:59, +00:00, -06:00' so I will give it a go.
Is this what you are doing?

Thanks for taking the time to help out!

Cheers :D

Return to “Automated trading systems”