Pippo on 15 minute Silver

blud4oilprgm

Pippo on 15 minute Silver

Post by blud4oilprgm »

Results of demo forward test outstanding on silver. I am ready for live trading.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=297805

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenfen
Trader

Re: Pippo on 15 minute Silver

Post by kenfen »

blud4oilprgm wrote:Results of demo forward test outstanding on silver. I am ready for live trading.

:D
Wow!

Buckle up! Silver can be a wild ride!

Good luck with it.

(right place for this thread?)
blud4oilprgm

Post by blud4oilprgm »

yeah but the equity curve is nice and steady. Will be going live with this soon on silver.

6 profit factor .. unheard of
nicofx

Post by nicofx »

WOW... Can you please tell me your settings? Thank you
odysseus11
Trader

Post by odysseus11 »

did u run this on anything else like gold or oil also? results?
*edit* nevermind I see the gold trades!
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Once you started trading just silver, you made about 3% profit in 2 months. Not terribly exciting, but with an equity curve like that you could increase your leverage. You could take 10x bigger positions and still only have a worst-case 1.5% DD on your $100k account.

Bigger concern: you averaged 3.78 cents per trade. Did you figure any slippage into that? I assume you were trading XAGUSD. I've never traded that so I don't know how it fills. I know that if you traded silver *futures*, with a system that averaged 4 cents before costs, you would lose your shirt. Futures commissions and slippage would eat you alive.
blud4oilprgm

Post by blud4oilprgm »

its a live statement so it should have any slippage included. another thing to remember is swap. swap can triple on wed. for some brokers so take that into acct too.

the fills for silver cfds work great on my broker.

the biggest danger is huge one way movements. I am trying to subscribe to the gold vix through tradestation. As long as this is stable, you should see normal profitable trading based on price retracements. If the gold vix jumps suddenly or is erratic both ways, best to turn it off.

It only makes logical sense.

garyfritz wrote:Once you started trading just silver, you made about 3% profit in 2 months. Not terribly exciting, but with an equity curve like that you could increase your leverage. You could take 10x bigger positions and still only have a worst-case 1.5% DD on your $100k account.

Bigger concern: you averaged 3.78 cents per trade. Did you figure any slippage into that? I assume you were trading XAGUSD. I've never traded that so I don't know how it fills. I know that if you traded silver *futures*, with a system that averaged 4 cents before costs, you would lose your shirt. Futures commissions and slippage would eat you alive.
blud4oilprgm

Post by blud4oilprgm »

odysseus11 wrote:did u run this on anything else like gold or oil also? results?
very dangerous to run on crude .. you can get a large drawdown.

gold can do good but still more prone to breakouts without retracing within say a 24 hr period.

I have spent many a lonely night testing this on different pairs without changing the default settings, so I could get a baseline. Tested so many pairs. What I didn't test, I saw others test. My conclusion is that silver is is the grail material for this EA to really be profitable. Nothing else. trust me I've even tried it on Dow futures CFD's and crude. That's asking for trouble, their breakouts are too severe.
odysseus11
Trader

Post by odysseus11 »

Thanks for posting!
did you go live yet or are you waiting for the new year?
blud4oilprgm wrote:
odysseus11 wrote:did u run this on anything else like gold or oil also? results?
very dangerous to run on crude .. you can get a large drawdown.

gold can do good but still more prone to breakouts without retracing within say a 24 hr period.

I have spent many a lonely night testing this on different pairs without changing the default settings, so I could get a baseline. Tested so many pairs. What I didn't test, I saw others test. My conclusion is that silver is is the grail material for this EA to really be profitable. Nothing else. trust me I've even tried it on Dow futures CFD's and crude. That's asking for trouble, their breakouts are too severe.
adam777

Post by adam777 »

I'm demoing the Pippo version on the first page on FF
but it is only working on 5 digit brokers and not 4 digit brokers. I tried it on Cowboy IBFX Australia both standard and mini accounts and it came up with the following types of errors:
XAGUSD OP_SELLLIMIT order send failed with error(131): invalid trade volume
Using Cowboy IBFX (4 digit broker):

For full silver contracts I used: 0.01, 0.02, 0.06, 0.12
On mini silver I used: 0.01, 0.02, 0.06, 0.12
And on another mini demo: 0.1, 0.2, 0.6, 1.2

... using Blud4oil's set file attached.

Not sure why it's not working for Cowboy IBFX as Steve mentions this EA was witten for this broker,
The defaults are those I am using on my Cowboy IBFX Aussie 1:100 demo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”