Joe. Swing-trade your way to a baby equity millipede

MichaelM
Trader

Re: Joe. Swing-trade your way to a baby equity millipede

Post by MichaelM »

Nice tip yamez!

Here's NZDUSD FB (unconfirmed still - 6 mins to go!) with II_SupDem indicator

FB + 4 Hour Supply + Round Number + Weekly and Monthly trend down = Confluence!

It's gotta go down right???

Don't mind the Buy I put on, don't recommend doing this at the big Supply area.
I'm just playing around with Brijon's PitBull trader method along with pipEasy's teachings
pipEasy's FF thread is a goldmine!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MichaelM
Trader

Post by MichaelM »

SteveHopwood wrote:Andy, the positive equity on my demo keeps on going up. Ok, so it fluctuates but basically the graph has been moving upwards.

At the mo, closed trades have cost the balance $10 (start bal $2000). The current positive upl is just over $50, so i could close the whole position right now at +2% of opening balance.

I shall leave it to run. Excellent start.

Oh, and before anyone asks, ootb. I haven't a clue how Andy's version works 'cos I have been too busy to look at the code. :lol:

:D
Hey Steve,
How's your demo going?
Thanks,
Mike.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

MichaelM wrote:
SteveHopwood wrote:Andy, the positive equity on my demo keeps on going up. Ok, so it fluctuates but basically the graph has been moving upwards.

At the mo, closed trades have cost the balance $10 (start bal $2000). The current positive upl is just over $50, so i could close the whole position right now at +2% of opening balance.

I shall leave it to run. Excellent start.

Oh, and before anyone asks, ootb. I haven't a clue how Andy's version works 'cos I have been too busy to look at the code. :lol:

Hey Steve,
How's your demo going?
Thanks,
Mike.
Abandoned a long time ago, a fate that appears to have befallen everything here. The excellent start faltered soon after the thread was taken over by an adaptation of the method. I should probably have stuck with the original EA that I published in post 1. My experience of subsequent adaptations of initially successful bots is uniformly bad. Usual sequence: someone sends me a method; I code it and there is moderate success; someone else recodes an 'adaptation' that eventually fails; original is lost in the mist. :lol:

Not to worry. We can always return to 'original' Joe but I doubt this will be necessary. Another pipEasy system is trading up a storm - http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 5100#p5100 Anybody trying to 'improve' this will rate a poke in the eye.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MichaelM
Trader

Post by MichaelM »

Haha! Thanks for the update. I agree, you shouldn't modify EA's too early.

I have been manually demo trading pipEasy's BRN and RN method along with Joe's FB method together with Supply and Demand zones.

All at the same time using brijon's Pit Bull method for instant diversification and trend detection.

Too early to say if that combination has any strong signals yet.
yamez
Trader

Post by yamez »

Basically, from the original concept the following changes have been made:
1) No initial trade is taken on the FB
2) Stacking trades are made once the reversal signalled by the FB is confirmed by the MA Cross
3) The position sizing in the stack is a classic pyramid so that you enter large at the outset where most profit should be and then half the position size with each stack trade.
4) Closure of the Stacks is the original 50% cull at a pullback bar

My usual goal for a system is 4% per day as that is what I used to average spread betting stocks so come on guys, let's get some improvement on the entries, and find a way to trade the flat points!
An attempt at revival, I still think Joe has potential for riding big moves.

Instead of using a MA cross on H4 candles use the colour change of Heiken Ashi candles. HA candles are averaged but may "get in" sooner to take advantage of a big move.

Is the stacking and 50% cull at a pull back bar occurring on M5 or H4? Pipeasy used M5 candles for the stacking and 50% cull at a pull back bar. All trades were stacked using fibs and only when the previous trade was at break even.

Return to “Automated trading systems”