Fx Pooler ver 6b Single

Pooler
Trader
Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa. A friendly windy spot at the bottom of Africa

Re: Fx Pooler ver 6b Single

Post by Pooler »

Unfortunately 6c4 crashed and burned. Settings too aggressive.

Well, thats how one learns with new EA's. Will continue to tweak till I find the right settings.
A Luta Continua
cheva282

Post by cheva282 »

Hi Pooler! nice job over here!

I will continue to see this post and ones you get to some ''stable'' setfiles will start a forward test account to give my feedback, Its a pity Im helping other systems in this forum and not yours, but Im keeping an eye on it. Very good stuff here!

Rgds
Esteban
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da Vinci
Pooler
Trader
Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa. A friendly windy spot at the bottom of Africa

Post by Pooler »

Both 6c2 ADR and 6c4 settings are too aggro. 50k with a starting lot size of 1 lot and increasing by 1 lot size per level on 30 odd pairs is too much. I had hoped that the EA would build the equity quicker than the draw down but it didn't work out like that.

6c single is still hanging in there but margin is also down to 112% so I'm not very positive it will last.

I've put 6c4 on new 50k account, 29 pairs with starting lot size .1 and increasing by .1 per level.

With 6c2 I'm trying to "save" the account rather than start a new account. I closed a lot of open trades (hence the big minus in equity) and I closed a lot of pairs so that there are only 12 pairs left open. I selected these based on spread--closed the high spread pairs. Otherwise settings stay the same.

Lets see what happens.

Myself and user name are looking at incorporating a risk% lot size sequence as an extra money management feature.
A Luta Continua
peterke
Trader

Post by peterke »

Pooler , hi is the 64c version you are testing similar to 62c on page 1 with the settings for both ways. I had a play around with 62c trading both ways and had good results on pairs like USDCAD, ANZCAD GBPCHF, ANZNZD.

Any pair that trends strongly ( like the yen) is likely to kill this strategy as you increases in lot size are relatively small so once a pair gets past say level 5 it seemed to require a significant retracement to close the grid.

Any chance of loading a mor eup to date version?

rgds

Peter

Return to “Automated trading systems”