Kruspe Gann EA

tomasbelada
Trader

Re: Kruspe Gann EA

Post by tomasbelada »

That's nothing to worry about. Just 2 functions that I wrote but forgot to delete :-)
ChicagoRob
Trader

Post by ChicagoRob »

I performed some more backtests with the latest version and
confirmed that it has identical performance. Currently, I'm live on
three pairs, with one open trade in positive float. I must note,
though, that this EA is a killer on resources. Adding just one
additional pair pegs my CPU to 100%.

Rob
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

ChicagoRob wrote:... this EA is a killer on resources. Adding just one
additional pair pegs my CPU to 100%....
Yes have to confirm this ... :roll:
Kruspe
Trader

Post by Kruspe »

I´d like to solve it and help you guys, but I´m not programmer. We should wait on Tom, or anybody else who is skilled enough to correct or improve it :)

Btw, a new idea comes in. We could use this EA like an indicator. After a valid buy signal we will have a "buy zone" (between entry level and TP level. We could then probably make more pips with many trading methods ( scalps, swings, just harvest the pips in the right way) ;)
Once you "see", you can not unsee. CJ
Freedom787
Trader

Post by Freedom787 »

I'm going to jump into the code this evening and see if I can streamline it.

I'm very impressed at how such a simple EA is creating such consistent profit.

I may try to add a 3 trade orders that phase in. It could possibly help with some of the bigger draw downs this sees with 2 or so losses back to back.

Edit: Made some changes, but got stuck looking for a misplaced parenthesis for an hour. I'll get back to it in the AM.

Very interesting that this EA does not have a SL. It closes positions because of one of two conditions:

1.)Tp is hit
2.)Buy/Sell signal in opposite direction

After discovering this, it is making me rethink whether or not this should have either a SL, a breakeven trigger once a certain amount of profit is attained, or a trailing SL in a situation like this. You can see the attached graph is of GBPUSD for 2012 and partly 2013. Unlike the EURUSD tests I did, it struggled, but it still would have gotten there if the equity didn't dive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kruspe
Trader

Post by Kruspe »

Hi Freedom,

I'm glad you like it. I think the easiest strategies could be the most powerfull. It's based only on price levels, no laggy indicators etc. Of course there will be SLs, DD, but TPs are big enough to cover the loss and make consistant profit ;)
I hope this EA slowly brings a bigger attention :)
Once you "see", you can not unsee. CJ
ChicagoRob
Trader

Post by ChicagoRob »

Freedom787 wrote: After discovering this, it is making me rethink whether or not this should have either a SL, a breakeven trigger once a certain amount of profit is attained, or a trailing SL in a situation like this. You can see the attached graph is of GBPUSD for 2012 and partly 2013. Unlike the EURUSD tests I did, it struggled, but it still would have gotten there if the equity didn't dive.
I think the code is fine, but I would like to see a TS feature. In many cases, it can secure a profit,
before reversing for a loss. I would at least like to backtest with, and without, a TS to see how
it would affect profitability.

Rob
tomasbelada
Trader

Post by tomasbelada »

ChicagoRob wrote:I performed some more backtests with the latest version and
confirmed that it has identical performance. Currently, I'm live on
three pairs, with one open trade in positive float. I must note,
though, that this EA is a killer on resources. Adding just one
additional pair pegs my CPU to 100%.

Rob
If it eats too much CPU power, set SkipTicks to 5. It will make the EA checking entry/sl point only once every 5 ticks so it should be 5 times faster. You can also try to setting it to higher values
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

tomasbelada wrote:That's nothing to worry about. Just 2 functions that I wrote but forgot to delete :-)
Thought so - cheers, Tom.

Steve
ChicagoRob
Trader

Post by ChicagoRob »

tomasbelada wrote: If it eats too much CPU power, set SkipTicks to 5. It will make the EA checking entry/sl point only once every 5 ticks so it should be 5 times faster. You can also try to setting it to higher values
Thank you for the assistance.

Rob

Return to “Automated trading systems”