Kruspe Gann EA

Kruspe
Trader

Re: Kruspe Gann EA

Post by Kruspe »

Hi guys,

I don´t trade it live. I preffer a shorter TF,but I have always been impressed by Gann, therefor I wanted EA like this. As I said before, We could use this EA like an indicator. After a valid buy signal we will have a "buy zone" (between entry level and TP level. We could then probably make more pips with many trading methods ( scalps, swings, just harvest the pips in the right way)

Any suggestions ?

Btw. Gattor, I´m not a programmer. Try to ask tomasbelada, he created this EA. ;)
Once you "see", you can not unsee. CJ
gator_trader
Trader

Post by gator_trader »

I found a programmer that added Trade Comments. This is very helpful to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gator-Trader
getdown71
Trader

Post by getdown71 »

Steve et al,

I have have been watching this baby in action. When market is trending with medium to low voltility this EA is excellent!.

I have 3 ideas for filters on the entry logic;

1) Use of the PCS (Price Channel Stop) Indicator or Schaff Trend Cycle for trend detection
2) Use of the Synthetic VIX Indicator to keep out of higher volatility events
3) Use of and parameter to switch between market and limit/pending orders

Any coding takers interested on this ?

PM me if you wish to discuss further.

Keep up the great forum all!

Regards,

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
camvcvoo

Kruspe Gann EA & Gann SQ9 EA

Post by camvcvoo »

I don't really know Gann's idea but in what ways is the EA here different from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=5&t=476 ?

Please have your comments. Thanks.
TonkaTuff
Trader

Post by TonkaTuff »

Bump...
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
fchaman
Trader

Post by fchaman »

Wonder why no talk about this EA lately...just started testing it a few days ago...like what I see so far!
Kruspe
Trader

Post by Kruspe »

Hi Fchaman,

I´m glad you like it. I think this is a quite good EA and the biggest advantage is the simplicity. Backtests are good. But I think it didnt make many trades in backtest to be consider as a stable EA. Maybe I´m wrong. Any ideas how to improve that are welcomed :)
Once you "see", you can not unsee. CJ
fchaman
Trader

Post by fchaman »

Hi Kruspe,

Thanks for the reply...actually, I don't put too much attention into backtesting, as I only look forward!

The idea behind this EA is a very simple, yet extremely powerful square of 9...we all have to respect our ancient alien past:)

I think this EA can be an excellent companion to a daytrading, or scalping type of EA.

I can put this EA on a demo account and for example if I get a long open trade on the daily, then I know I can daytrade that pair only, and only on the long side.

I am looking for a good EA for daytrarding (in & out at the end of the day)...if you know some, please share. This type of EA will be running on my live account, and it must have a flag to allow trades on only the long/short side.

Cheers, and once again, many thanks for putting up this EA.

///Frank
tomasbelada
Trader

Post by tomasbelada »

Hi guys.
I'm not playing with Gann anymore as I'm very interested in CJ's methods now.
However, if anyone is still interested, here is the newest verson of the EA which I forgot to upload here.
I has finally fixed that anoying "open order error".
I is also renamed to make it more obvious, what it does ;)

Good luck,
Tomas

Return to “Automated trading systems”