ChangeTheColor EA

magft
Trader

ChangeTheColor EA

Post by magft »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
    Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
    Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
    Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
    This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
    At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
    To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
Strategy
Read this by ROBST3R first.
Uses synergy_apb (HA) candles and looks for change of colour in relation to a SMA(5) shift 2 using typical price. If trend up and above MA then buy, reverse for sell. Close trade on SL, high or low of last colour change, or if colour change for TP or if trade goes wrong way and goes back to MA.

EA inputs
You will find descriptions of many of the inputs in the attached Shell User Guide. This covers most of the widely used, generic inputs. Since the shell EA code contains so many more options that the strategy calls for, the OOTB settings are not necessarily consistent with the strategy and may not even make sense. After sufficient testing we may come up with meaningful OOTB settings. Until then, be sure to review them.

Strategy-specific inputs are:
UseCloseOnColorChange - use this to allow the SL/TP feature, using HiddenPips>0 adds feature as well.
MaBufferPips - is used for a check to see if crossed MA.

Sharing with FF
Feel free to upload the EA to FF, once we've achieved a level of stability.

I have done a quick back test and the results are not promising, so needs a bit of work.

In conclusion
Let the bug reports begin!

Update 8th January 2012

Based on a request by Rob i have added Still needs refinement, let me know your comments.

Update 10th January 2012

Based on a requests by Rob i have added
  • UseTradeOnCurrentCandle - This means trades can open or close on current candle not on the previously closed candle.
  • UseLastColorChangeSL - This allows a StopLoss to be entered if set to false
  • UseStoch - adds a Stoch filter i was testing so if price below StochHighLim then allow BUY or if price above StochLowLim allow a SELL.
  • UseStochClose.80.20 - This is an option to close trades if stoch drops below 80 for a BUY or increases above 20 for a SELL.
Update 12th January 2012

Based on a requests by Rob and others i have added
  • MasterYoda's synergy candle trailing stop, to use just turn on UseCandlestickTrailingStop.
  • Fixed the current SL as i had taken the wrong figure so sometimes it was correct and other times it was off.
  • Added comment box to help read text, can moved around and colour changed or turned off.
Update 15th January 2012

Now up to version 1.28, added the following features:
  • Tried fixing Shake Recovery as made a couple of typos in original version - still needs confirming
  • Added UseOpenOppositeTradeOnClose to try and open new trade on closure of a trade - not fully tested yet.
  • UseATRFilter uses the method from xADR_0.2 indicator and shows ATR(5), ATR(25) and calculates room up and down for trading (all user configurable. I took this from Fratelli EA).
  • Added Georges DoneForTheDay code from the Shell EA thread to allow stopping of trades once a daily limit is reached.
  • Added CommentBoxShow which puts two boxes where text comments are to make them easier to read.
  • Various bug fixing as well.
A few people are trading this live, Rob suggests higher timeframes for better results so this is why we are adding filters to stop bad trades. Any suggestions welcome BUT read other posts first to make sure they haven't already been covered.

Update 16th January 2012

Now up to version 1.29, added the following features:
  • George has done an updated Shake Recovery that seems to do what we want.
  • UseOpenOppositeTradeOnClose kind of works - still needs work.
  • UseATRFilter added feedback and now checks every minute.
  • George has updated DoneForTheDay code so added changes.
  • Various bug fixing as well.
Update 17th January 2012

Now up to version 1.30, added the following features:
  • George has updated DoneForTheDay code so added changes.
Update 18th January 2012

Now up to version 1.35, added the following features:
  • George has come up with a way to avoid TradeContext Busy errors when running multiple copies of EA.
  • Added AutoTradeComment - added timeframe as comment which is useful when testing multiple timeframes on same pair.
  • Added AutoMagicNumber - creates magic number based on pair, timeframe and EA name
  • Rob asked for a Trend MA to be added - default is MA50, no shift on Typical price to filter out bad trades.
  • Added a MinATR1 to make sure ATR1 is above this value to trade to keep out of low ranging PA.
  • Defaults changed so UseCandlestickTS and ATRFilter are on.

Update 22nd January 2012

Now up to version 1.37, added the following features:
  • Removed need for synergy_apb indicator as i have now included the calculation in the EA. George and i have been working on method to include indicators in EAs to increase calculation speed and reduce cpu overheads.
  • Rob has asked for a way to stop trading all EAs when account balance increased by a fixed daily percent. The DoneForTheDay EA allows trades to continue but no new trades open using StopTrading option or all trades closed using CloseAll option
I think that is all this revision :roll:

Update 24th January 2012

Now up to version 1.38, added the following features:
  • I have done some bug fixing, i think i have found the issue when using multiple pairs and trades not opening or closing correctly. Let me know if your still having problems.
  • Added ATR for SL/TP if other options turned off and a fixed SL/TP not set.
  • Updated DoneForTheDay EA code to allow a MaxAccountLoss to be specifed.
  • Change how EA responds to DFTD EA so now actaully closes trades of stops trading when percent hit.
I am now running on 20 pairs, not using gold or silver as need to test return values, on H4 charts. The default settings have changed to reflect current discussions with Rob, so please review if using on lower timeframes.

Update 1st February 2012

Now up to version 1.4, added the following features:
  • I have done some bug fixing, well spotted by skoda2008 that sometimes SLs were not being placed. I have added fix and also changed code in CountOpenTrades to make sure it keeps checking for missing SLs and TPs.
  • Added UseOpenTradeOnOppSignal to allow trades to stay to only be entered after a previous trade if the signal is opposite type i.e. if last trade was a buy next trade must be a sell. Useful if using TP and dont want reentry in a trend when near peak.
  • Turned off RiskPercent for default and base lot size is 0.1, please check default settings before using.
  • Other bug fixing but i cannot remember what they are as i didnt them last week during testing but hopefully i havent broken anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by magft on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ROBST3R
Trader

Re: ChangeTheColor EA

Post by ROBST3R »

Hey magft,

Great that you have made an ea for us.
I`m testing it out right now, will let you know whats going wrong with some trades.

Thanks for your time
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

New version in post #1.
ROBST3R
Trader

Post by ROBST3R »

Currently 99% backtesting on eur/usd Dailytimeframe 0.01 lots

2008/08 to 2009/11

It`s not going fast but the risk is very low! It`s a better investment then saving your money on the bank :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Hi Magft,

I must be the only one experiencing this behaviour with ChangeTheColor EA since nobody else commented. First of all, the results are incredibly….incredible :D Thanks for this FANTASTIC EA !

I made 574$ in two days with 0.01 lot !!. Here is the problem, although it shows that I am trading 0.01 lot, I suspect it really is trading 10 lots. See picture. I am with FXCM and all my other demos perform correctly. With ChangeTheColor EA I can only have one trade at a time (look at my margin level). Anyone else experiencing this ?

I have been following SH for 2 years so I leaned a bit about coding. I’ll look into it. Must be something with “Adapt to x digit criminals”. What do you think ?

Thanks Bunker
Trin83ity

Post by Trin83ity »

Bunker wrote:Hi Magft,

I must be the only one experiencing this behaviour with ChangeTheColor EA since nobody else commented. First of all, the results are incredibly….incredible :D Thanks for this FANTASTIC EA !

I made 574$ in two days with 0.01 lot !!. Here is the problem, although it shows that I am trading 0.01 lot, I suspect it really is trading 10 lots. See picture. I am with FXCM and all my other demos perform correctly. With ChangeTheColor EA I can only have one trade at a time (look at my margin level). Anyone else experiencing this ?

I have been following SH for 2 years so I leaned a bit about coding. I’ll look into it. Must be something with “Adapt to x digit criminals”. What do you think ?

Thanks Bunker
Hey Bunker,

looks good :) What settings are you using?

Thanks
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Hi Trin83ity

OOTB.

Bunker
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Thanks Bunker
Bunker, thanks for the update. The Ea is based on Steve's shell and from the picture it is trading as specified, you have set 0.01 lots and the trades is 0.01 lots. The only thing i can think of is the leverage on the account meaning you have higher margin requirements, i typically use 1:100. The EA is designed to trade 1 at a time, though you can run on different timeframes but i havent tested it.

Rob, and i have been working on improvements so i will update post #1 in a minute with the additions for you to test.

Regards

Mike
ROBST3R
Trader

Post by ROBST3R »

Thanks Bunker
Hey Bunker,

Very nice results, on how many pairs are you using it and you are using it on a tfH1??

Rob
pipcruiser
Trader

Post by pipcruiser »

Hi there

testing this EA live on a small Bully Pepperstone account. Balance E 216.00.

Risk set to 2%, SL 200 (20 pips). ECN true

I trades 0.09 lots, i believe this is way to much?

Or am I a nutcase?

Thx for the efforts, it looks good so far :)

Thx

PC
magft wrote:

Thanks Bunker
Bunker, thanks for the update. The Ea is based on Steve's shell and from the picture it is trading as specified, you have set 0.01 lots and the trades is 0.01 lots. The only thing i can think of is the leverage on the account meaning you have higher margin requirements, i typically use 1:100. The EA is designed to trade 1 at a time, though you can run on different timeframes but i havent tested it.

Rob, and i have been working on improvements so i will update post #1 in a minute with the additions for you to test.

Regards

Mike
"Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away"...

Return to “Automated trading systems”