Can someone help make a EA?

johnny2pips
Trader

Can someone help make a EA?

Post by johnny2pips »

I was told to come here to ask for help making a EA. The rules are fairly easy and only use two custom indicators Heiken Ashi Smoothed and DoublecciWoody.

Here's a short rundown for now.

Heiken Ashi gives a signal (changes color) to the same directions of Trend CCI. Entry CCI crosses to the same direction as Trend CCI. Enter at the start of a new candle if all conditions are still met.

I'd like just about everything to be customizable. Every variable possible literally.

If you can help post below and I'll post a more detailed explanation.
Alpenkorps
Trader

Re: Can someone help make a EA?

Post by Alpenkorps »

Welcome to the Steve's forum Johnny.

I still follow your thread time to time. You may want to post your complete system in the "New Trading Ideas for Possible Automation" section, not here. I am sure someone will show interest coding it. You will see a lots of great coders around here always willing to help.

BTW, you are not using easyrider's indi anymore?
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
johnny2pips
Trader

Post by johnny2pips »

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I still use easy's indicator it works fine. Not sure why everyone was having problems with it. Were you the one that invited me to this forum? If so thanks
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

johnny2pips wrote:Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I still use easy's indicator it works fine. Not sure why everyone was having problems with it. Were you the one that invited me to this forum? If so thanks
ER's indi works fine for me too. I guess everyone's using the wrong HA version.

No I didn't invite you but honestly I was planning to after I read your post about wanting an ea .. looks like I am a bit late :)
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
FX Juju
Trader

Post by FX Juju »

Hi Mister Johnny2Pips !

That s kinda funny... because I came across your post while killing time and checking what s going on here... Guess what ? three days ago, I was also killing time on FF and quickly went through your thread... Especially, your manual backtest on NZDUSD caught my attention... I wanted to check by myself and thought the best way would be to write an EA... So did I... Took me 20 minutes... and basically I just used the structure of one of the EA I m developing.... No need to say that it s a very preliminary stuff !! And actually the structure of my program is probably not highly adapted to your strategy...

But well, at least it doesn t generate errors and behaves as I understood your strategy...that is:
----> CCI 236 >0 && CCI 61>0 && HAS Green---> BUY
----> CCI 236 <0 && CCI 61<0 && HAS Red---> SELL
----> inversion of the HAS signal----> CLOSE

If think I read that you used a Stop Loss and Take Profit of 25 pips for your backtest... So did I Please note that in this EA... the Stop Loss and Take Profit are set up one tick after the order is placed...

What else ? Ah yes... I used a 5 digits brokers... So 25 pips is 250 points... If your want to modify it... Just go to StopLossBUY() and StopLossSELL() functions and modify the 4 lines
double SL = OrderOpenPrice()-250*Point;
double TP= OrderOpenPrice()+250*Point;
double SL = OrderOpenPrice()+250*Point;
double TP= OrderOpenPrice()-250*Point;
accordingly... Or just create new variables for those values (eg: extern int StopLoss=250; extern int TakeProfit=250;) at the top of the EA, and replace 250 in the four lines above by the variable name...

HAS and CCI parameters are user defined... Lots also...

I m not even sure I spent enough time to properly understand your strategy. So please try it and tell me, I might find some time to modify it if you need.

One more thing, I did not have NZDUSD Ducascopy data so I used AUDUSD data... the 99% modelling quality backtest was not very encouraging... But of course... That s a first test: the program is not optimized nor are the exit, stop loss and take profit...

Also I don t pretend to be a great programmer... as I came to Forex and MQL4 a couple of months ago (but well, programming MQL4 is kinda easy compared to my job...). And I think it is the first time I post here (but the EA was already written so...) Others here might be of greater help...

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FX Juju
Trader

Post by FX Juju »

One more thing... For visualization purpose, the EA adds a vertical blue line when opening a long position, red when opening short position and white when closing... I personally find it useful when zooming out on backtest results... gives you an overview of positions closed too early, too late... etc...
johnny2pips
Trader

Post by johnny2pips »

Hi FX juju thank you so much for helping with the bufu ea. You have no idea how happy I am that someone even noticed this thread! One question for you. What does this mean "the program is not optimized nor are the exit, stop loss and take profit... s" that there is no stop loss, take profit, or exits?
johnny2pips
Trader

Post by johnny2pips »

After rereading your post I realized one thing is wrong. In the back test of nzd/usd I did not use a take profit only HAS exit and 25 pip stop. Not sure I understand how to modify the stop loss, though this is my first try at testing/using a EA. Thanks again for your help.

Is there a way to not use a take profit? Like setting TP to 0? Would that work or mess things up?

Exit/TP is defined as either HAS giving an opposite signal to 236 CCI and a default stop loss of x number of pips (different for each pair).
FX Juju
Trader

Post by FX Juju »

johnny2pips wrote:Hi FX juju thank you so much for helping with the bufu ea. You have no idea how happy I am that someone even noticed this thread! One question for you. What does this mean "the program is not optimized nor are the exit, stop loss and take profit... s" that there is no stop loss, take profit, or exits?
No no... I did set up in the program HAS exit, 25 pips SL and TP... Just meant that those parameters were perhaps not the best ones... talking about the strategy itself...
FX Juju
Trader

Post by FX Juju »

Ok Johnny, I included user defined TP and SL for short and long positions... values set to 0 will be ignored... So now you can easily play with parameters... Also the TP and SL (if different from 0) are now set as soon that the order is opened...

One thing, I m not sure about CCI 236... Does "green" or "red" simply means it is above or below 0 ? If I remember well, in the double Woody CCI, the histogram display green and red, but also other colors near zero... Is there any special user defined level ?

I ll upload NZDUSD Ducascopy data and perform again a backtest after setting the Takeprofit to 0 (=no TP)...

After doing visual backtesting, you can easily add indies to the chart and see if the EA opens same positions as manual application of your strategy... Please check and let me know...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”