New Empty4 Update 600 screws up all indis and EAs

dsugums
Trader

New Empty4 Update 600 screws up all indis and EAs

Post by dsugums »

Just becareful with new built 600 update on Empty4. It messing up the non compiled mql files since it is not compatible with built 600. Only ex4 files can be used in new version, if you are lucky enough to figure out where to put the ex4 files! :arrrg:
fxozgirl
Trader

Re: New Empty4 Update 600 screws up all indis and EAs

Post by fxozgirl »

I have just installed a new demo platform Build 600 to test it out,

EA's are in MQL>Experts
Indicators are in MQL>Indicators
Scripts are in MQL>Scripts

When I open the platform only the standard stuff that ships with Empty4 can be seen. I have tried .mq4 and .ex4 files, makes no difference.

If anyone can enlighten us on how to get the EA's/indicators showing would be great

thanks in advance
jlcgarcia

Post by jlcgarcia »

Where are my indicator & EA files ?

Hi Shelley and friends:

Perhaps this explanation can be of use, although I must advise that is a painful process only apt for fools :youknow: :
The latest Empty4 version 4.00 introduces certain compatibility issues with EAs and indicators written for previous builds (i.e. Build 509 back from June 24th 2013).

Users should also be aware that the location of the old \experts\ folder has been moved to a new location. Previously, all MQL4 applications have been stored in subdirectories of <terminal_installation_folder>\experts\ folder and now these will be accessed from a completely different location :

<data_folder>\MQL4\

+ \experts – Expert Advisors (trading robots)

+ \Indicators – custom indicators

+ \Scripts – scripts (MQL4 applications for a single run on the chart)

+ \include – source code MQH and MQ4 files implemented into other programs

+ \libraries – libraries in the form of MQ4 source codes and EX4 executable files compiled from them.

They are used for the dynamic call of the functions contained there by other MQL4 programs

+ \Images – image files for using in resources

+ \files – special “file sandbox”. MQL4 applications are allowed to execute file operations only within this directory.
Once Empty4 is automatically updated from build 509 to the newer version, all MQ4, MQH and EX4 files will be relocated to the appropriate folders listed above, but any user created sub-folders and files will need to moved by hand to the appropriate locations after the update is done. Otherwise your custom indicators and plug-ins such as Renko, Range and MedianRenko charting packages will not work.

How to locate Empty4’s data folder ?

The easiest way to find the data folder is to open Empty4, click on the File / Open Data Folder menu item :

The origin.txt file contains the path to your Empty4 installation folder.

You can view this file to verify that this folder is indeed the correct one for your Empty4 installation.

Now you can begin copying the files that need to be placed in the new location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlcgarcia

Post by jlcgarcia »

fxozgirl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am wrote:I have just installed a new demo platform Build 600 to test it out,

EA's are in MQL>Experts
Indicators are in MQL>Indicators
Scripts are in MQL>Scripts

When I open the platform only the standard stuff that ships with Empty4 can be seen. I have tried .mq4 and .ex4 files, makes no difference.

If anyone can enlighten us on how to get the EA's/indicators showing would be great

thanks in advance

Hi,

another curiosity is the "portable" mode. If Empty4 is launched with "portable" mode, it will store EAs and components as the previous Metatraders? Let's see-
The terminal can also be launched in the so-called Portable mode (as in previous Empty4 4 builds). In that mode, the data is stored and recorded in the installation folder. To do this, use "/portable" key. For more convenience, you can create an additional terminal launch shortcut with the appropriate name on your desktop and add the key directly to the shortcut:
terminal_portable_en__1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

Thanks Jose, you are a Godsend :yahoo:

Clearly we shouldn't be looking where we installed the files...the easiest option was to open the platform, click file, open data file and load up your ea's, indicators etc in their respective folders right there. Closed the platform, re-opened and everything is there.

Exactly as Jose explained :clap:

Now just need to see if they all work :arrrg:
Aussiedoc
Trader

Post by Aussiedoc »

thanks in advance
Hi!
Just spent a rather torrid time with Cowboy Go Markets today re the new platform. Have got a copy of their internal memo re installation probs on the new beast. (21 pages)

Can I post them as a pdf or what?

Cheers
Doc :good:
If you can never exceed your own expectations - why expect second-best?
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

Aussiedoc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 am wrote:

thanks in advance
Hi!
Just spent a rather torrid time with Cowboy Go Markets today re the new platform. Have got a copy of their internal memo re installation probs on the new beast. (21 pages)

Cheers
Hi Doc :)

PDF would be fine yes :)

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

Aussiedoc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:26 pm wrote:

thanks in advance
Hi!

Cheers
Please do, I am yet to try and update Cowboy Go Markets as they have notoriously bad service, so I am sure it will help many of us!

I did just get my Global Prime demo set up correctly and working, so hopefully Cowboy Go Markets will be the same.

Cheers
Shelley
Aussiedoc
Trader

Post by Aussiedoc »

Tommaso
Working on it! :smile:
If you can never exceed your own expectations - why expect second-best?
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

Aussiedoc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 am wrote:

Tommaso
Working on it! :smile:
:good: perfect

Thank you very much!!
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality

Return to “Automated trading systems”