Scalp the Little Gits, dsu

dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

Elixe » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:47 am wrote:I think there's something wrong in the sendshort filter :

Line 1245 should probably be

Code: Select all

if (dPriceFloor - PriceFloor100> (10 / factor))
instead of :

Code: Select all

if (dPriceCeiling - PriceCeiling100 > (10 / factor))
As usual, wait for Steve opinion on this :)

Good catch :good: I did not check the Friday demo trading since I was away most of the day. I usually don't trade Fridays.

I will set the demo on EY,GY,CHY,EU,GU,UCHF for first 2-3hrs of from Frank/London session.

For Asia, I might try with AU,AY,NU,EY,GY,EA,GA

For US, might try UY,UCAD,GCAD,CADCHF (I usually don't trade US since the average daily range will be hit if London is active).

The game this bot is to stop trading once 3% x 3 /4 winning trades achieved. Otherwise, the odds will be against us if stay too long in the market.

The original method 2:1 which I find difficult to achieve where 1 loss wipe out two winnings and makes you stay in the market longer and chasing the profits.
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

dsugums » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 am wrote: The game this bot is to stop trading once 3% x 3 /4 winning trades achieved. Otherwise, the odds will be against us if stay too long in the market.
Hi,

Is this limit per session or per day ?
Is this limit for overall or per pair ?

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

12% x 3 sessions x 25 pairs per day?? Greed kills :lol: :clap:
skoda2008
Trader

Post by skoda2008 »

dsugums » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 am wrote:
Good catch :good: I did not check the Friday demo trading since I was away most of the day. I usually don't trade Fridays.

I will set the demo on EY,GY,CHY,EU,GU,UCHF for first 2-3hrs of from Frank/London session.

For Asia, I might try with AU,AY,NU,EY,GY,EA,GA

For US, might try UY,UCAD,GCAD,CADCHF (I usually don't trade US since the average daily range will be hit if London is active).

The game this bot is to stop trading once 3% x 3 /4 winning trades achieved. Otherwise, the odds will be against us if stay too long in the market.

The original method 2:1 which I find difficult to achieve where 1 loss wipe out two winnings and makes you stay in the market longer and chasing the profits.
I've also been following the FF thread from the beginning, and agree with you that a better R:R ratio is needed.

Given such a small TP/SL and large lot size, how do you account for the spread / commission? Every time this question is brought up on the FF thread it gets either ignored or met with some cryptic response such as, "You must adjust for your broker", yet when you look at the trades there is just a fixed 5 or 10 pips being used. This means that by the time you factor in the spread and commission it's more realistically a 3.5 pip TP and 11.5 pip SL! A system like this will keep brokers very happy, the commission really makes a large dent into the profits.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think a 1:1 ratio will cut it either, unless the win loss ratio is extremely good. I haven't tried your modified version yet, but in my experience of the system on FF the win loss ratio is not good enough.

I also tried it in small quantities on a live account to check out slippage, and about .2 or .3 pips was the most I was slipped and sometimes in my favour.

Also, do you intend to trail with a 3.5pip SL after break even like the FF system?
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

This method works well if the spread are less than 2.0pips. As for risk ratio, 5pips sl is good enough to get 10-15pips if we can manage the trade with BE sl after 5pips.

Looks at GA and EA for the current hour, it shot up to 30pips profit due to news. News is vital to get this method working, so higher tp will be favourable.
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

dsugums » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:24 pm wrote:12% x 3 sessions x 25 pairs per day?? Greed kills :lol: :clap:
:smile:
On the bright side...maybe you can retire from trading after a month :yahoo:

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
AZJeff
Trader

Post by AZJeff »

If I were going to trade this method I would add Nevie2 method as well.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost7544372
post #3463 by nevie2

Just take a look at his charts. I posted them here if anyone is interested in adding this method to the ea.

Here are his notes
here are 2 charts, i tried to mark all the times that you could buy at .100 and sell at .900, most should be according to the other rules. changing the tp to ten and trailing s to 5

Regards,
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

That was quick trades for London open :clap:

CHY and GY each 10pips profit for 12% total gain in 20minutes :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
skoda2008
Trader

Post by skoda2008 »

I missed out on GBPJPY, because my broker's opening price was 5.3 pips away from the 00 level.

EDIT: Actually no, take that back, it was operator error. :oops:
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

2nd entry for GY on the 2nd hour of London netted 10pips @6%.

EU short entry not going anywhere for the moment. Technically no more trades after this hour.

Total banked in 18% for the day :cheer:

Return to “Automated trading systems”