Scalp the Little Gits, dsu

SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

SteveHopwood » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:31 am wrote: Not going to do anything with this. The scalper is in and out so quickly that it hardly matters if the equity is taking a beating - this is only temporary. My GP demo deletes outstanding pending trades if filling one takes the margin down to where there would be insufficient margin to allow the trade, so I assume every one else's platform does this as well.
Was thinking along the lines of multiple trades being open on Multiple pairs, then it would be good to do a global equity close to lock in profits.
That would be nice to use together with trailing stop loss setting.
However,maybe that doesnt seem to happen often...guess we got to run the EA to really understand the behavior.

btw, 3% risk on a 5 pip sl produces freaking huge lot sizes :shock:

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

Using hidden stop loss probably will be better in case some naughty brokers try to bump up the bid/ask by a fraction to hit stops if it is visible.

My trades have a tendency to hit the stops suddenly if bid is about 0.2pips away :arrrg:

Asian start today very slow due to lack of news. Probably have to wait till London.

AU hit -5pips and GY +10pips
goldcourse
Trader

Post by goldcourse »

dsugums » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:43 am wrote:Using hidden stop loss probably will be better in case some naughty brokers try to bump up the bid/ask by a fraction to hit stops if it is visible.

My trades have a tendency to hit the stops suddenly if bid is about 0.2pips away :arrrg:

Asian start today very slow due to lack of news. Probably have to wait till London.

AU hit -5pips and GY +10pips
Which broker are you using ?

I'm using GP but no trigger on AU & GJ. Can you kindly post your chart?

Thanks
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

goldcourse » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:43 am wrote:
Which broker are you using ?

I'm using GP but no trigger on AU & GJ. Can you kindly post your chart?

Thanks
Assuming no errors in setup...no trades on my end too.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

AU and GY triggered at the Tokyo 8am candle (1am UK).

I am using Axitrader and IC Markets

Anyway, not recommended to trade Asian session unless there is market moving news for AUD or JPY. Otherwise you will be stuck in a trade like watching the paint dry.
rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

Hi Dsugums

Do you have 3 separate Empty4 accounts so that you can select times and pairs for London, Asia and US session?

Thanks Rapple
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Can someone help clarify which market hours are correct ?
There is conflict between:
http://www.oanda.sg/analysis/market-hours

and
http://www.forexmarkethours.com/

Which is the definitive source for market hours ?

Cheers
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

Always use 8am local time for each session. 8am Tokyo, 8am London, 8am US. Using Axitrader broker, it should be 3am, 10am, 15pm.

So trading time should be 3am, 4am, 10am,11am, 15pm, 16pm. This time need to be converted to local computer time (I only take first two hrs as most of the time target is hit).
dsugums
Trader

Post by dsugums »

rapple » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:07 am wrote:Hi Dsugums

Do you have 3 separate Empty4 accounts so that you can select times and pairs for London, Asia and US session?

Thanks Rapple

Read the user guide how to setup the time/hrs in the EA for each chart. You don't need hundred Empty4 platforms to set different times.
rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

Hi Dsugum

I did understand how to set up the times. I was more interested if you should trade different pairs during each session (LONDON, US, ASIA)

Thanks again Rapple

Return to “Automated trading systems”