Scalp the Little Gits, ds with automated WmiVol

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
    • Stochastic.
    • ATR (Average True Range indi)
    • How not to annoy me by asking stupid questions that are already answered in post 1 here and in in its partner thread.
THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL EA NOT YET BEING USED ON OUR LIVE ACCOUNTS

This EA is an offshoot from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 683#p94683. The first thing to do is visit that thread, learn how the parent ea trades ds' trading system, and indeed how ds trades it. Go now. Do not return until you have done what I have told you to do. Post here in such a way as to prove to me that you have not done so, and I will remove your registration from this forum. I am not minded to be kind to dimwits here.

Ok, you have reached this bit so I assume you understand how the original ea works.

This version works with the WmiVol indi attached. WmiVol is a bit of a blunt instrument. All it does is
  • calculate the length of the average candle.
  • draw a green histo when a candle is > this average.
  • draw a red histo when a candle is < this average.
  • the longer a green histo is, then > than the average it is. The shorter the red, then < the average it is.
These > and < candles fall into recognisable patterns. This variant of STLG works by studying the height of the current histo and declaring it 'tradable' or 'untradable'. If 'tradable' then everything else in the original kicks in.

The only new input you need to understand is:
  • MinimumWmiVolValue tells the ea not to trade when the current WmiVol histo is less than this value:
    • the longest possible histo has a value of 1.
    • the default value of 0.8 represents my eyeballing of the values of the second longest candles.
All the usual stuff is included, so read about it in the attached user guide. Up to you whether you use any of it or not.

No idea if I am barking at the wrong moon here; let's just try the ea and see. For sure, trading when WmiVol candles have been at their maximum has worked for me on demo, whilst the original ea has totally failed for me.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts [/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

Okay Steve, I will give her a go. Really like what Wmivol tells us.
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

For the original STLG, I setup 3 seperate demo accounts for each trading session as I wanted to monitor the results of currencies and trading sessions seperately. For this EA, you think it'll be alright to just start 1 demo with all available currencies and this EA running on all of the pairs? I wouldn't need to setup any trading times since it trades based on WmiVol setting, correct?
EA's are the best way to trade. Why? Because they take the emotion out of trading.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

remix919 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 pm wrote:For the original STLG, I setup 3 seperate demo accounts for each trading session as I wanted to monitor the results of currencies and trading sessions seperately. For this EA, you think it'll be alright to just start 1 demo with all available currencies and this EA running on all of the pairs? I wouldn't need to setup any trading times since it trades based on WmiVol setting, correct?
It is what I have done.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

I've looked at the EA settings up and down several times but can't find the MinimumWmiVolValue setting? Is it hard coded at 0.8 or a variable we can change?
EA's are the best way to trade. Why? Because they take the emotion out of trading.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

remix919 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 pm wrote:I've looked at the EA settings up and down several times but can't find the MinimumWmiVolValue setting? Is it hard coded at 0.8 or a variable we can change?
I am not seeing it in the variables or the code, although I might have missed something in the code (a lot there).
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

remix919 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:I've looked at the EA settings up and down several times but can't find the MinimumWmiVolValue setting? Is it hard coded at 0.8 or a variable we can change?
Nice one remix. Thanks. I uploaded the wrong version to post 1. I know what I did - too complicated to try to explain. Do a re-download and you will find the new input - second block of inputs.

Now, here is the truly terrifying thought. Close on 50 people downloaded the version in post 1 and you appear to be the only one to notice that the vital input that I specify in post 1 was missing. I see that the idiocy that infests the original thread follows on here. There are a lot of traders around who are going to lose all of their cash unless they buck their ideas up.

Ah well. All I can do is warn people at the top of all of my thread-starting posts. Nowt I can do about it if they are too thick to read and heed my warnings.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Well done nonlinear. Good to see someone else awake here as well.

nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

Up and running on 12 pairs (added USDSGD) with CPU and RAM to spare. :D Lets see what happens with a 1:2 RR. Might play with that later for each pair based on the spread and criminal specifics during the trading hours that wmi pumps out.
TonkaTuff
Trader

Post by TonkaTuff »

nonlinear » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:40 am wrote:Up and running on 12 pairs (added USDSGD) with CPU and RAM to spare. :D Lets see what happens with a 1:2 RR. Might play with that later for each pair based on the spread and criminal specifics during the trading hours that wmi pumps out.
Sounds like a good test. Do you have a MyFXBook link please?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Return to “Automated trading systems”