Hanover 2.0

madjae

Hanover 2.0

Post by madjae »

Hi guys,

I have been thinking about Hanover recently, and came across an idea to represent Hanover information differently. The problems I have been having with the Hanover Recent Strength indicator to date was that although it provided a really good insight into the strengths and weaknesses of individual currencies for the time period, it was difficult to establish the current rate of change - e.g. if the USD has been strong is it getting stronger?

I have attached a proposal below of potentially a different way of displaying Hanover information. Depicted is a X-Y axis view where the X represents the current strength of the currency (e.g. 0 - 100), and the y depicts the "current rate of change" - e.g. is the particular currency continuing to build strength or is weakening.
Obviously there would need to be a reliable mechanism to measure the "current rate of change" for this to work.

I'm not sure how doable this may be within the current limitations of Empty4, and Steve's view (quite rightly I think) is that this would be an uber challenge for someone to undertake.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think this would be useful? Is it doable within Empty4?

Looking forward to the groups responses.

Cheers
Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamma_gallus
Trader

Re: Hanover 2.0

Post by Gamma_gallus »

Hi Scott, I've been thiking about the same couple of months ago, but never took the time to go deeper in the analysis.
Not being a coder myself, i couldn't assess how difficult it would be to create something similar in Empty4, however, since we have the data written in a csv file, we could probably build a similar graph in excel (with a link to the csv file, refrshing every X min.)
I'll see tomorrow if I can do something on that in excel.

thx
Olivier

Return to “Automated trading systems”