TrendEasyAuto EA

vectieba
Trader

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by vectieba »

SERIOUS WARNING
Most Forex traders lose all their money.
Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
To trade this robot, you have to understand: How to use EA's.

I have been working on an EA for some time now and would like to present it here for assistance in testing and evolving it if it seems viable. Initially I started on a buy and sell EA that was opened when you wanted to open a trade. Since the market usually goes against you in any trade I was trying to get it to take advantage of the situation by adding more trades in the same direction when the market moved against you at slightly larger lots and then move your take profit closer as well. I ended up with an EA that opens up a new trade every 8 pips against and moving the take profit to 16 pips from the newly opened trade. This seemed to work quite well.

I then started toying with the idea to use a grid type EA on this principle that puts in long and short trades. In my mind the market, under normal circumstances, does not move in extremes, it is always going up and down in waves. I then decided on working on a maximum of 9 trades in a single direction with a grid size of 8 pips and a take profit of 16 pips. This means that the EA will allow for a total of 72 pips against a trade before adding a stop loss and move the take profit 16 pips away from the newest order. This means that the market only needs to move 16 pips in the right direction to close the orders with a profit.

I have tested the EA this past week on 12 pairs using a $3000 demo account with an avarage return of $100 per day. The drawdown seems to be minimal. I found that the maximum drawdown was about $160. I also avoided running the EA on currencies when they had high impact news.

I have attached three files, the EA, a dll and a mqh file.

The EA has to be placed in the MQL4\Experts folder
The mt4gui2.dll file has to be placed in the MQL4\Libraries folder
The mt4gui2.mqh file has to be placed in the MQL4\Include folder

The settings are as follows

I have a 5 digit broker so the settings are measured in pipettes. 80 = 8 pips.

Grid Size - Distance in pips for next order
Take Profit - Distance in pips for take profit
Lot Size 1 to 9 - Size of incrementally increasing lots if market moves against order
Trade Days - Not working yet
Trading Start Hour - Not working yet
Trading End Hour - Not working yet
Allow Long Trades - Enable or disable trading long
Allow Short Trades - Enable or disable trading short
Close on Profit - 0 is disabled, larger than 0 will make the EA close all trades once it has reached the profit level and stop trading
Activate Harvesting - This option with the previous option will make the EA close all trades when profit is reached and then re-open new trades.

When the EA is running it will display a button on the chart that can be used to enable or disable it. There is also two ways stop it from continuing. One of these options needs to be selected before Disabling the EA.

Gracefull Stop - This will make the EA complete the trading cycles it is busy with before stopping.
Emergency Stop - This will cause the EA to close all trades and stop trading.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions on improving the system is most welcome.

Enjoy!
What makes a good EA ... low drawdown, consistent profit!
AGT
Trader

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by AGT »

Hi :hi:

My friend, how long are you using this EA and grid traders as well ?

You wrote this statement:

"In my mind the market, under normal circumstances, does not move in extremes, it is always going up and down in waves."

Oh Boy ! Are you sure ? Really sure ? In my humble opinion the market "waves" may - better to say they will in any case develop a "perfect storm" blowing away your account without turning a hair ! :shock:

As I understand it right: you even use martingale ? Believe me, this grid+marti combination will accelerate the crash of your account much ! (I hope it is a demo ;) )

The good point: you are trying to avoid trading during "waves" turning presumably into storms caused by red News. But the small or big black swans dont care about the news.

Anyway I wish you luck + success. Who knows - may be you are good manual trader and your professional manual interventions bring your EA back on track if the the market storms lead it astray ?

Btw it would be good for persons interested in your EA to see a MFXBook link for constant watching

vectieba
Trader

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by vectieba »

Hi AGT

Thank you for your concern. As I said in the first post, the EA in it's current incarnation has only been tested for a week and that is on a demo account. I do realize the hazards of grid as well as martingale trading systems. I believe that any automated trading system should be monitored and intervention might be needed from time to time. This system as with most of the other systems are for educational purposes and if certain aspects of it helps contribute to building a successful automated system that can provide profits that exceeds it's losses then I think our mission has been achieved.

I will setup a new Demo account and link it to myfxbook for monitoring.
What makes a good EA ... low drawdown, consistent profit!
AGT
Trader

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by AGT »

vectieba » Mon May 23, 2016 5:20 pm wrote:................
I will setup a new Demo account and link it to myfxbook for monitoring.
Right bro ! That's the way for a proper assessment of any EA, strategy, indi .... or whatever. Let's see what your forward (demo) trading/testing will bring ... document your results with a constantly running aacount linked with MFXB: that's the only credible proof. So I'll look the (your) facts only, no more theoretical remarks from my side !

Play up mate ! :good:

:hi:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

Martingale is banned here at SHF. Even mention of the word can get a member moved to the On Moderation group (I am in a good mood) or banned altogether (bad mood). Tonight I am in a good mood.

The software has been removed from post 1 and anyone who uses it is an idiot.

The OP clearly failed to read the Welcome message I sent to him and is now removed to the OM group.

This thread is locked but left in place as a warning to other dimwits that their idiocy will not be tolerated.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

TrendEasyAuto EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

Just happened across this tonight whilst doing a trawl of stuff here ;I had forgotten about it. Just reminding people that dimwits are not welcome here.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”