Gann SQ9 EA

jb68
Trader

Re: Gann SQ9 EA

Post by jb68 »

Hi,
I did look at your indicator and is based on zigzag. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a zigzag indicator without repainting. You can play with it on 1 minute and will be obvious. Zigzags works decent on ranging markets.

Usually when yo get the first indication on a triangle coincide with the stochastic or williams. The diff is when zigzag will repaint stochastic willl just stay overbought.

The only thing you can do to increase your probability is to apply signalling theory and use a Fourier approx like to take a trade when more stochastic will coincide, preferably for periods of n, 2n of 4n.

Another thing is to take more then 1 trade (martingale) so for example if indicator will repaint and price go against you with another n pips to take another trade. I would add a filter and check what are the best hours.

What you say about waiting for a candle to go higher/lower was already done on zigandzag indicator. You can take a look.
http://codebase.mql4.com/3702
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

jb68 wrote:Hi,
I did look at your indicator and is based on zigzag. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a zigzag indicator without repainting. You can play with it on 1 minute and will be obvious. Zigzags works decent on ranging markets.

Usually when yo get the first indication on a triangle coincide with the stochastic or williams. The diff is when zigzag will repaint stochastic willl just stay overbought.

The only thing you can do to increase your probability is to apply signalling theory and use a Fourier approx like to take a trade when more stochastic will coincide, preferably for periods of n, 2n of 4n.

Another thing is to take more then 1 trade (martingale) so for example if indicator will repaint and price go against you with another n pips to take another trade. I would add a filter and check what are the best hours.

What you say about waiting for a candle to go higher/lower was already done on zigandzag indicator. You can take a look.
http://codebase.mql4.com/3702
Hi jb68.
Thanks for shedding some light on this thing. For the time being I've decided to use the RSI, and a fast MA along with this Indi. I agree that the Stoch wasn't the best thing to use for this system.
I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible.

I also understand what you were saying about using Fourier analysis or a martingale approach for this. Although I've never really been a big fan of the martingale strategy, I'll still keep this as a possibility in my thoughts. Maybe we can do this on future versions. If you do test this thing, you will notice that sometimes it seems like the entry was a little "premature", but actually it wasn't (at the time), this is due to the "repaint" issue as you stated. You'll also get some DD, but not as much as when I first started on this project. That's why I set the S/L to 150.

For the time being I'll be testing the 4.3 to see if it can survive.

Cheers
AG
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

AG

Have you actually back tested rev. 4.3 and have you got the set file?
I ask because with default settings on EUR/USD it loses about 50% of the trades.

cheers
Bill
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

billv wrote:AG

Have you actually back tested rev. 4.3 and have you got the set file?
I ask because with default settings on EUR/USD it loses about 50% of the trades.

cheers
Bill
Hi Bill.
Glad to see you've made it here.
Yes I've ran a month B/T and it's uploaded on the first post. Sorry I don't have a set file. I just use the "default" settings but on EUR/JPY. That pair seems to move a lot smoother IMO. Please post your settings if you'd like, and we'll take it from there...
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

StrategyTester_v4.3EURUSD.gif
StrategyTester_v4.3EURUSD.zip
Hi Bill.
Just ran a 1 month B/T with defaults on E/U. It took a hit to the S/L.
Personally I'm avoiding E/U like the plague. Yes it's one of my favs, but in light of recent world events, and market conditions, I'm opting for E/J and U/C at the moment. I'll probably go back to E/U, A/U and others after I feel that the market has gotten back to a more "normal" state (in my mind).

Don't know what to tell you my friend. Maybe set your stop losses to 300? Try a different Crim?
Are you running on H1? Try setting your Trailing Gap to 10 and your Trailing Stop to 50?
Try a different pair? Please post your findings.

Cheers
AG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pitcher

Post by pitcher »

AG.jpg
Hello AG

I like what you are doing with the ea.
I have been testing version 4.2 on 8 pairs a couple of days, and it looks great.
I wil start testing 4.3 next week.

Greetings,

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmacel
Trader

Post by pmacel »

Great 3 days with 4.2. I put EA gradually on 14 major charts. Ea made 306 dollars on default settings with low drawdown. Currently 8 open trades with -35. Will see next week. Great work.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

pmacel wrote:Great 3 days with 4.2. I put EA gradually on 14 major charts. Ea made 306 dollars on default settings with low drawdown. Currently 8 open trades with -35. Will see next week. Great work.
Hi Pmacel,
Nice work.
I had it running on 5 pairs but it didn't do that well.
I'll now add the pairs AG suggested.
Who is your broker and can you attach the detailed statement?
cheers
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wonderful to see another coder presenting work here, AG.

I hope this works out for you.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

AG2012 wrote:
StrategyTester_v4.3EURUSD.gif
StrategyTester_v4.3EURUSD.zip
Hi Bill.
Just ran a 1 month B/T with defaults on E/U. It took a hit to the S/L.
Personally I'm avoiding E/U like the plague. Yes it's one of my favs, but in light of recent world events, and market conditions, I'm opting for E/J and U/C at the moment. I'll probably go back to E/U, A/U and others after I feel that the market has gotten back to a more "normal" state (in my mind).

Don't know what to tell you my friend. Maybe set your stop losses to 300? Try a different Crim?
Are you running on H1? Try setting your Trailing Gap to 10 and your Trailing Stop to 50?
Try a different pair? Please post your findings.

Cheers
AG
Hi AG

Thanks for doing this.
Yes H1, perhaps I had the defaults changed in my earlier tests and I forgot to change them back.
I'll have another look.

cheers
Bill

Return to “Automated trading systems”