thanks, nice to have you around!

Best Regrads,
Sachmo
Sachmo

Re: Gann SQ9 EA

Post by Sachmo »

Hi AG,
thank you for the warm welcome!

I wrote this reply earlier, but it seems to have vanished, so I try again.

I am afraid I don't know Pippo EA, could you post it please.

I think I don't know more about SQ9 than you do. I have been experimenting with it for quite some time now and watched it's behaviour. Trading with the indi the way it is now is useless IMHO because you miss out on the big moves and end up with big DD or get stopped out. However, I like this indicator and I don't think it's time to give up. You may have noticed that I want to use it as a scalper.

As I mentioned in my post to jb68 the indi needs an extension to reflect the self correction. Then the EA can correct the open positions and react accordingly. There will be some in/outs as the indi paints and vanishes several times within a narrow price range. It will need a filter to trigger a trade based on the SQ9 or the horizontal line.

It would be great if some expert coders could modify this indi. This would help us a lot and save a lot of time since I can't code an indicator either.

So long
Sachmo
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

Hi Sachmo.

It's possible that Pippo may already be here (it's not one of my EA's), although I couldn't find it in the "Archived EA's" section, and haven't looked any further. But there is a version "RIP" that combines Pippo with another of Steve's EA's "Reversi". And that EA is available there.

I agree with your last post, we should try to develop this further. I believe it has great potential as well.

Just for laughs look at the B/T results I just ran with the new 4.3.

Talk about some crazy numbers... Look at the profit factor...
If only it were that good "in the real world"... :)

I'm playing with some ideas at the moment, and hopefully will have something good soon.
StrategyTester_v4.3CafaRSI_EURJPY.gif
StrategyTester_v4.3CafaRSI_EURJPY.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AG2012 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

billv wrote:Hi AG

We are trading the 1H chart but is it possible to use the 4Hour RSI for exits
and have the RSI setting selectable? (15 and 21 depending on the currency pair we are trading)

cheers
Bill
Hi Bill.
New version 4.3.1 is done. Go ahead and run it on H4 (i haven't yet). All RSI periods are now adjustable. In keeping with the "Hopwood" style, you'll find it on the first post of the thread.
Please post your findings!

Enjoy
AG
Sachmo

Post by Sachmo »

Well AG,

honestly speaking, I don't believe in backtests. Got burned too many times.
Even demo and live accounts give sometimes very different performance.

Wish you excellent ideas to come up with.
I'll be cone for a while now.

Take care

Sachmo
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

AG2012 wrote:New version 4.3.1 is done. Go ahead and run it on H4 (i haven't yet). All RSI periods are now adjustable. In keeping with the "Hopwood" style, you'll find it on the first post of the thread.
Please post your findings!
Enjoy
AG
Thanks AG I will experiment with it tonight (I'm at work atm)

I don't know if I was clear enough in my earlier post.
I don't want to use a different timeframe than the 1H.
In swing trades I enter trades using the 1H chart but I switch over to 4H to pick my exit and I found the 4H RSI good at picking the right time to exit. (on 4H I have the RSI set to period 15 or 21.

So if we place SQ9 V4.3.1 on the 1H chart can it use the 4H RSI to exit trades?
Can this be done with only 1 chart open?

Cheers
AG2012
Trader

Post by AG2012 »

Hi Bill.

Well I'm afraid that I'm the one that has you confused.

You see the "CloseBuyRSILevel" and "CloseSellRSILevel" functions, are meant to close you out in the event of a reversal (as a sort of "stealth" stop loss) before the price hits your actual "hard" stop loss.

The exits that I'm using is the "CAFA", Close At Fixed Amount (in dollars).

:idea:

However, if you'd like, you could simply input some outrageous amounts for the CAFA's (Amount25/Amount33) say 10,000, then simply input the RSI levels that you prefer into "CloseBuyRSILevel" and "CloseSellRSILevel", and adjust their periods accordingly. It should work.
Hope that helps.

Cheers
AG
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

Hi AG

I had a play with it last night but I couldn't improve it much.
Ok I'll play with the CAFA value.

Cheers
Bill
pmacel
Trader

Post by pmacel »

Great start this week with 4.2., closed 9trades for $164 profit 8 trades floating with positive balance. Started to test on live account with 0.01 lots.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

pmacel wrote:Great start this week with 4.2., closed 9trades for $164 profit 8 trades floating with positive balance. Started to test on live account with 0.01 lots.
which br0ker?

Return to “Automated trading systems”