EDI - Easy Does It off the TDI indicator

spyderman
Trader

EDI - Easy Does It off the TDI indicator

Post by spyderman »

Good morning all,

I have a trade strategy that is showing a lot of promise. I have an almost finished EA written by Xaphod at FF that I need some final work on to make it ready for prime time.

I had originally placed this strategy idea in the "New Trading Ideas for Possible Automation" area: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=12&t=530 if you're interested.

The main description and ongoing discussion on the strategy is at FF on this thread: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=361688

So, I've attached the EA. It's not a set and forget, nor do I think it should be. It does everything I think it needs to use with this strategy.

Take trades in the direction set by user.
Sets s/l and tp
Moves trade to BE
Few other user defined settings.

What I need added is to have the EA take the next qualifying trade only if the previous trade has been moved to BE. That simple...at least in concept.

Let me hear any questions or thoughts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaggin' some pips
Bunker

Re: EDI - Easy Does It off the TDI indicator

Post by Bunker »

Spyderman,

I really like this strategy. Your timing is incredible to post this on SH Forum. I sent an email to Steeve 2 days ago asking him if he had time (yeah right ) to code something similar. However, instead of using TDI on D1 to establish the trend, I was using the TMA Slope indicator. Much prefer using TDI on D1 (let’s not talk about TMA Slope repainting here…).

All this to say, THANK YOU very much for starting this thread. I will follow it religiously.
I have a MTF TDI indi that I can post if you think it could help (instead of switching TF).

Bunker
spyderman
Trader

Post by spyderman »

Bunker wrote:Spyderman,

I really like this strategy. Your timing is incredible to post this on SH Forum. I sent an email to Steeve 2 days ago asking him if he had time (yeah right ) to code something similar. However, instead of using TDI on D1 to establish the trend, I was using the TMA Slope indicator. Much prefer using TDI on D1 (let’s not talk about TMA Slope repainting here…).

All this to say, THANK YOU very much for starting this thread. I will follow it religiously.
I have a MTF TDI indi that I can post if you think it could help (instead of switching TF).

Bunker
Bunker,

Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't mind seeing the MTF TDI. Do you have a chart picture of it. I like seeing the PA on the H1 when I switch over to that TF but it's not necessary to the strategy.

Beings how we're on weekend I've posted some charts over on my FF thread that show the trades I have going using the strategy.
Snaggin' some pips
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Here it is.

I think this was developed by Xaphod and modified by zznbrm. Two powerful brains as far as I’m concerned.

Bunker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Spyderman,

In order to work, I think the EA requires this file in the indicators' folder.
It worked for me.

Cheers,

Bunker

Return to “Automated trading systems”