Heiken-Ashi Smooth EA

mobthehop
Trader

Heiken-Ashi Smooth EA

Post by mobthehop »

Xaphod was nice enough to code an EA for me, as I could not find an HAS EA that worked for me...

This EA, which requires the attached HA Histogram Indy coded by kino to be placed in the /indicator folder, allows for:

* Fixed SL/TP
* Move SL to BE
* Trade on bar open only or on current tick
* Limit nr of trades/day
* Set to buy only, sell only or both
* Two step order open for ECN

If you set the all the MA related values in EA and indicator to 1, it also trades normal Heiken-Ashi candles

Original thread: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=363216

X was nice enough to let me post it over here as well....

Cheers

Mop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nkimandi
Trader

Re: Heiken-Ashi Smooth EA

Post by nkimandi »

Hallo mobhop & xaphod

This is easily one of the most elegant EA i have tested so far with simplicity at its core especially on 15 & 30 minutes..am demo testing it on my crim and so far 11 trades of which of all have been wins spread across 2 indices,1 commodity and 9 currencies all open simultaneously since 23.05.2011..am still forward testing on demo and i hope to come back with insights and helpful comments.

otherwise kudos to you and xaphod once again.
mobthehop wrote:Xaphod was nice enough to code an EA for me, as I could not find an HAS EA that worked for me...

This EA, which requires the attached HA Histogram Indy coded by kino to be placed in the /indicator folder, allows for:

* Fixed SL/TP
* Move SL to BE
* Limit nr of trades/day

If you set the all the MA related values in EA and indicator to 1, it also trades normal Heiken-Ashi candles

Cheers

Mop
forex.rapheal
Trader

Post by forex.rapheal »

Hi,
can you modify it using multiple TF HA? You may want to add an option to use which TF (either H1 or H1 and H4 or H1/H4/D1 or H1/H4/D1/W1...)
I attached it for your rerference.
Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Athravan

Post by Athravan »

Hi there,

New to this Forum, but been lurking and occasionally posting on Forex Factory. Been demo trading on and off for the last two months while I acquaint myself with Forex trading.

I like simplicity, so I downloaded this last night...a few questions/points:

I got various 129 and 130 errors on pairs involving JPY, but the others I tested set orders absolutely fine (I'm on Alpari UK).

Ended up with 8 pairs open at once on M15 timeframe - watched a few before leaving it overnight. After 8 hours it had placed 47 orders across the pairs - 29 hit TP of 5 pips and 18 hit S/L of 10 pips, for an overall net loss of £0.57...

So just from last night - 62% win rate. Just need to work on my TP and SL now!

I've reduced S/L to 7 pips while I'm at work, but also:

Can you please explain:

Order.MovetoBE
Order.BEOffset
Order.Slippage

Can I use these to let the winners run a bit longer? Or can I use this EA in conjunction with MPTM without conflicts?

Lovely little EA - thank you for sharing!

Regards
Ath
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

@Raphael - sorry I do not understand what you like to achieve, can you pleae describe in more detail

@ Ath - saw that X already commented on your question above over at FF. You can either use the Order.x provided in X's EA or set them to zero and let Seve's MPTM handle the order management (set to "manage by magic number")

Mop
forex.rapheal
Trader

Post by forex.rapheal »

hi mobthehop,
based on your EA, it is a single TF EA. However, my indicator is based on 4 TF. if you load it, you will see 4 TF at the properties (e.g. H1, H4, D1 and W1). I suppose it is easier if you can modify your EA to adopt multiple TF.
thank you
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

raphael - I am aware that that you are looking at 4tf HA - what I am asking is what are your entry / exit conditions, which tf do you actually trade, any other conditions of entry / exit....

Not promising anything though....
ednineball

Post by ednineball »

mobthehop wrote:Xaphod was nice enough to code an EA for me, as I could not find an HAS EA that worked for me...

* Fixed SL/TP
* Move SL to BE
* Limit nr of trades/day

Can anyone code this ea to trade the 1 min heiken changes only when the 15 min agrees in direction.

Cheers

Mop
forex.rapheal
Trader

Post by forex.rapheal »

Hi mobthehop,
the condition is about the same but just just multiple TF to confirm the trend, e.g. if I use H1, then the indicator will also show H4, D1 and W1, if they all turn to the same color (same trend), then it trigger the trade, SL and TP depends on the user so we need to enter ourselves. one more point is you may want to add in the EA is that if there is any error (requote, order not working, broken connection...), will the EA try another time and its splipage.
thank you

Return to “Automated trading systems”