RSI hidden divergence and EMA200

ProFXer

Post by ProFXer »

Hello,

I came through a nice strategy that seems promising. I wonder if some fellow thought of or tried automating it.

It is described in the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYKy_2BXK8

It is based on spotting hidden divergence on RSI relative to the EMA200. Its aimed at trend trading.

I suggest changing the settings of the MACD to 5,34,5 to get earlier entry signal.

Regards.
BostonEJ
Trader

Post by BostonEJ »

Hidden divergence is the same as entering pullbacks during any strong trend. If you're in a strong trend, price is naturally going to point in one direction and the shorter term indicator is going to swing in the opposite direction in a pullback.

His last comment of "put in the work and don't be lazy" is the most important indicator. I am only now finally trying to get away from randomly throwing indicators on a screen to give the signal I want. In reality that only works for that one trade but not necessarily for any others in the future.

EJ
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have no interest here. I am merely posting to attract any of The Brains of SHF who might have anything to say.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I tried to watch the video and lost interest about 3 minutes in. It is the usual bollocks. Looking back in time to cherry pick an ideal representation of the guy's trading system. I could do this 10 times a day. So could many of us here. I assume he is trying to sell something - don't know as I run an ad blocker and so never see the associated ads that come with this sort of thread.

Forget it, OP. It is rubbish. For sure, you will not persuade any of the sensible coders here to write an EA.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
reteid2222

Post by reteid2222 »

ProFXer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:44 am wrote:Hello,

I came through a nice strategy that seems promising. I wonder if some fellow thought of or tried automating it.

It is described in the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYKy_2BXK8

It is based on spotting hidden divergence on RSI relative to the EMA200. Its aimed at trend trading.

I suggest changing the settings of the MACD to 5,34,5 to get earlier entry signal.

Regards.

You found one of the jewels or gems which are rarely found on youtube helping a lot giving ideas for strategies, explaining and testing.
These strategies are with only 2-3 indicators and not overloaded with indicators looking like a Xmas tree...
Look at the Larry Williams channel.... he only talks but for my guys it is worth like gold: Dont use more than 3 indicators for a successful strategy and do not make it too complicated with the rules...
Many guys here wonder why an EA with 10 rules and 8 indicators dont work... for me logical clear....

The 5,7,5 is also a setup for getting good signals....feel free to try it....

Return to “Automated trading systems”