Fratelli EA by Dragos and magft

magft
Trader

Fratelli EA by Dragos and magft

Post by magft »

SERIOUS WARNING

* Most Forex traders lose all their money.
* Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
* Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
* Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
* This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
* At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
* To trade this robot, you have to understand:
o How to use EA's.
o How to use offline charts - use the Period_Converter_Opt_mod to allow Ea to run!

DO NOT USE THIS EA ON A LIVE ACCOUNT. IT IS EXPERIMENTAL.

Essential posts to read

* The original Fratelli thread explains rules and set up
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=326654
* Dean is doing a comparison of Invictus and Fratelli and has a good summary of the rules
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=325942

Thanks goes to Steve for his original code and Dragos for all his hard work. I wrote my own EA in which i bulit all the indicators to help with CPU usage but the triggers were not correct. It ill do an update at some point to combine the two EAs if required. Please test this as i have made changes to Dragos version and may have broken other bits. I have also included all indicators and template from Fratelli thread, though i havent read today's developments yet.

Update 27-11-11 Fratelli v1.3

Dragos and i have been working on this over the last few days trying to iron out some of the bugs and make the EA follow the system as accurately as possible. We were working to v1.2 but based on discussions we added the checks in v1.3 so we are ready to go :D

List of updates
  • Code changed to fix issues with logic now the entry and exits should follow system better
  • SAR re-entries now included
  • Time checking changed to allow 00:00 format to be used, default times set for GMT
  • News filter - requires FFCalH.mq4
  • All Indicator settings are user configurable to allow better testing
  • For pending order it uses High/Low instead of Close
  • If price too close now opens a market order
Always check the default settings before running as they have changed and there is no guarantee that there arent any mistakes in the code. I still get error 1 message for OrderModify, will look into this week.

For reference current SL/TP settings are:
  • EURUSD: SL is 25 pips. TP is 20 pips. When we see 10 pip profits we move SL to -10 pips.
    When we see 15 pips in profit we move SL to BE+1 pip
  • AUDUSD: SL is 20 pips. TP is 20 pips. When we see 15 pips in profit we move SL to BE+1 pip
  • EURJPY: SL is 20 pips TP is 20 pips. When we see 15 pips in profit we move SL to BE+1
  • GBPUSD: SL is 15 pips TP is 15 pips, NO adjustment here.
Hopefully we will have a good week trading this system, please post any issues you have or recommendations for the next revision.

Update 29-11-11 Fratelli v1.3

In this update i have made a few changes, hopefully for the better
  • Change Lot sizing routine to that of 5min open/close by jiva34, Check RiskPercent value as now lot sizes are a factor of 10 lower but broker issues should be addressed so no more invalid volume errors.
  • Noticed that if CloseOnOppositeSignal was set and bar closes above/below 89EMA trade would be closed. This is no in the rules so has been changed so only POs get deleted.
  • Based on George's comments i have added the check for price if a market order is being sent to try and overcome invalid stops and wrong TP/SL
  • Also changed which candle to use for placing PO to hopefully choose signal candle, may still be one out so please check for me
  • Default hours changed again in thread to 7:10 to 16:30 GMT, currently i get most profit between 8:00 and 14:00 but this needs longer assessment i use Basket_Stat_Time_Sub indy
  • I have just added George's function for time checking, he posted as i was writing this, thanks
Update 30-11-11 Fratelli v1.3

I have made the following mods
  • Incorporate supertrendmod indicator into EA so should help with cpu overheads
  • Changed triggers to match MickyMouse Fratelli_Main v1.2 indicator (hopefully!)
  • Added option for comment box to be coloured and is user configurable
  • Trade entries seem to be the same as Micky's indicator
  • General bug fixing based on comments from George, Dragos and Micky.

Update 02-12-11 Fratelli v1.3

I have made the following mods
  • Fixed time checking if not in GMT, thanks George
  • Used latest indy by MickyMouse for logic, in my tests EU work in ST but not so great in forward testing, AU and EJ work spot on in all tests.
  • Still getting a few runtime errors and i am planning a overhaul of the code to get rid of them over the weekend
Please test it and let me know if you spot any other errors.

Here is MyFxbook account.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by magft on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
traveliron
Trader

Re: Fratelli EA by Dragos and magft

Post by traveliron »

I've been following this development on the new ideas forum. An excellent collaborative effort guys. The problem I have now is to make more room for yet another demo. With so many brilliant EAs emerging its a nice problem to have.

Really appreciate your selfless work - Chris
DragosDanescu
Trader

Post by DragosDanescu »

Great, Mike

Thank you for your support! Will do my best to keep this updated aswell with the latest additions to the strategy. I think the next step is to include the last indi into the code, that will be SuperTrendmod.

Gonna attach here the modded indi's(as per today), and the set that I'm using.Also, the period converter needed to run the EA. Oops, already added by Mike. Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

I still have all the old versions as not had chance to catch up on the thread, i'll check out the modified indicators and look at including them into the EA or at very least switch over to them.
DragosDanescu
Trader

Post by DragosDanescu »

magft wrote:I still have all the old versions as not had chance to catch up on the thread, i'll check out the modified indicators and look at including them into the EA or at very least switch over to them.
This version already works with the new indicators. Just SuperTrendmod needs to be included into the EA code, not to be external anymore. :D Everything else is already in place. Maybe you should even delete the old indi's from here, to avoid confusion, your call.

Thanks, Dragos
Panamamike
Trader

Post by Panamamike »

Can someone share their template for version 2?
Panamamike
Trader

Post by Panamamike »

Are there plans to incorporate the FFCAL to avoid trading, including closing open trades around major scheduled news items?

Also, since their is a defined SL are there plans to add auto lot sizing by risk% ( either by equity or available margin)
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Panamamike wrote:Can someone share their template for version 2?
This is the my current setup using latest indicators from the Fratelli thread. You don't need all the indicators per se but i find it easier to see what should be happening if trading manually. EA still uses SuperTrend not the SuperTrendmod version, this will be in next release.

Can you guys check it for trading the system correctly as i haven't time today to watch trades.

Mike
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Panamamike wrote:Are there plans to incorporate the FFCAL to avoid trading, including closing open trades around major scheduled news items?

Also, since their is a defined SL are there plans to add auto lot sizing by risk% ( either by equity or available margin)
I have a FFCAL filter in my Invictus EA i have running so can easily add if required, likewise we can add other things like the CBI module, Hanover, etc but the original method needs to be verified first before i want to add "extras". I was going to add the risk based sizing last night but was too tired, i'll look into it for next release once we have tested the entry and exit of the EA.

Mike
Panamamike
Trader

Post by Panamamike »

magft wrote:
Panamamike wrote:Can someone share their template for version 2?
This is the my current setup using latest indicators from the Fratelli thread. You don't need all the indicators per se but i find it easier to see what should be happening if trading manually. EA still uses SuperTrend not the SuperTrendmod version, this will be in next release.

Can you guys check it for trading the system correctly as i haven't time today to watch trades.

Mike

Now that I have the template, I will certainly monitor the trades. Of course, today being US thanksgiving I will have to do so via my iPad while eating turkey, ham, ribs, and drinking beer and vino and watching NFL football :)
Last edited by Panamamike on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Automated trading systems”