Fish Net Trading System

xlitang
Trader

Fish Net Trading System

Post by xlitang »

Rules:
1. Only constructive posts welcome.
2. Read all posts before asking questions.

Disclaimers: If you are looking for a Holy Grail system, this system is not for you. Look to some where else, you may find one or never.

Here we go the Fish Net Trading System:

1. Only Trade in London and NY Sessions or Major News release.
2. Place six Buy and Sell Pending Orders above/below market price. First Order 25 (user defined) pips above or below market. Subsequent orders with 15 pip gap (user defined).
3. Set Profit Target and MaxDrawDown Target in the money, once profit target or MaxDrawDown hit, Close all opened and pending orders.
4. Close all pending and opened orders once NY sessions is over regardless profit or loss.
5. Come back next day do same thing again.

Please play with attached EA and report your forward test results and your EA settings. I am not interested in back test result.

Note: in EA specify the pairs you want to trade and profit target is for all pairs. I stole most of codes from Steve and others. All credit go to them for the EA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xlitang on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
xlitang
Trader

Re: Fish Net Trading System

Post by xlitang »

Market made a move and we made green pips.
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

XLT, thanks for starting the thread here as well and for posting the mq4 file...

Will certainly give it a whirl....

Cheers
faxxion
Trader

Post by faxxion »

Hello Xin,

I found you first at FF. Now I will follow you here as well. Thanks for posting the MQ4 file.

William
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

XLT - getting ready for LO....

1. What is the variable TradeCashProfit used for it is defined but not used anywhere in the code....
2. MaxDrawDown is a percentage, right?
3. GMT trading hours should be 7-12 and 12-21, correct?
4. Attached the EA just now and it already placed all the pending orders thought trade time not reached yet.... is that as intended?

Would you please consider to implement adaptive S/L and T/P in one of the next releases based on number of pairs traded (along same line as used in TMA basket trade EAs...

I am going to use the following pairs:
AUDUSD,NZDUSD,EURGBP,EURUSD,GBPUSD, USDJPY,NZDJPY,EURJPY,GBPJPY,AUDJPY

Cheers
JoeCoder

Post by JoeCoder »

mobthehop wrote:XLT - getting ready for LO....

1. What is the variable TradeCashProfit used for it is defined but not used anywhere in the code....
2. MaxDrawDown is a percentage, right?
3. GMT trading hours should be 7-12 and 12-21, correct?
4. Attached the EA just now and it already placed all the pending orders thought trade time not reached yet.... is that as intended?

Would you please consider to implement adaptive S/L and T/P in one of the next releases based on number of pairs traded (along same line as used in TMA basket trade EAs...

I am going to use the following pairs:
AUDUSD,NZDUSD,EURGBP,EURUSD,GBPUSD, USDJPY,NZDJPY,EURJPY,GBPJPY,AUDJPY

Cheers
1. TradeCashProfit is dummy here, either it's not yet implemented or just left over during copy & paste ...
2. It use MaxDrawDown this way ... MaxDrawDown*AccountBalance(), so it's a fraction, not percent
3. Hours are compared to TimeHour(TimeLocal()), which is your local computer time in Live/Forward testing and broker's server time in backtest.

This system is close to random walk, w/o (aggressive) MM and trailing, it wins sometimes, then struggles to stay afloat startup balance, then zigzag to south.
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

Thanks Joe, for the clarification on tz setting, that fixed it..

Guess XLT is more active over at FF - closed two baskets Thursday and Friday at profit target..

I set my First Order at half the subsequent orders (10/20 pips) and three steps in each direction, target 20 pips per pair....

The EA definitely benefits from strongly trending markets / sessions

Cheers

Return to “Automated trading systems”