ALoveSupreme EA

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
    • Moving averages.
    • ATR
THIS EA IS EXPERIMENTAL AND IS NOT YET BEING USED ON OUR LIVE ACCOUNTS

Intro
This EA is a response to ALoveSupreme's post at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 08#p116808

Have a read of the post - the trading system could hardly be simpler. The attached ALS template will place the indi's on your chart.

Inputs
There are inputs for the 50 and 200 sma's and for the ATR and its moving average. I do not know how to calculate thenEMA of ATR, so I have calculated a SMA instead - doesn't make much difference. We might need to code ignoring Sunday candles - we shall see.

The remaining inputs are the usual suspects. Newcomers, read the details in the attached user guide.

Other Bob stuff
It is all there along with the usual other stuff, so read the attached user guide for details. You can combine the above with Slope, Css, RSI2 etc. Take your pick. Use different time frames and play to your hearts content.

The TradingTimeFrame input
This must be the time frame you intend to trade as the EA bases all of its calculations on it. This allows you to change time frames on your chart to view different scenarios without disturbing the bot. The downside of getting this wrong is something you will discover to your cost.

Chart screenshots
The EA can take a picture of your chart when it opens or closes a trade. Use this to post pictures here if you suspect that the EA has not behaved as expected. There is a section of inputs just underneath the minimum pips section, with inputs to turn this featureon/ off and to adjust the height and width of the snap. Files are saved with the name "ChartScreenShot" and the ticket number, when the EA opens or closes a trade. Navigate to the files via File/Open Data Folder/MQL4/Files. Remember to delete these files from time to time to avoid clogging up your disk drive.

Keeping track with iHistory
The attached iHistory indi is the indi I use to keep track of my progress and generate the pictures I post here. Copy it in your platform's Indicators folder. Open a chart you do not trade, add the Blank template to it and drag iHistory onto the chart. It works with the information you have in your History tab. Sometimes it needs reloading before showing any information, especially at the weekends.

In conclusion
Have fun gals and galesses

:xm:

Setting up your charts
Pay a quick visit to http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =48&t=3860 and download Art's 'Charts Into Alphabetical Order script'. This script will save you hours of faffing around; instructions for use in the post.

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

WOW! Thanks a Million Steve!!! Cant wait to try this out. :D
rasta420
Trader

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by rasta420 »

first trade of the ea.Look nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have added a template to post 1 to set up the chart for anyone unsure how to add the sma to atr.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

xfactornos
Trader

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by xfactornos »

I just wanted to start off by saying thanks for coding this and releasing for us testers.

The bot does not follow the rules as posted by ALoveSupreme though.

"
Sell
Time frame 30 minutes candle EURUSD or GBPUSD
SMA 50 below SMA 200
Open sell after ATR 14 cross above EMA 14 (at the close of candle/wait until 30 minutes candle finish)
SL=TP=30 pips
If SL or TP is not achieved close the trade after ATR 14 cross below EMA 14 (at the close of candle/wait until 30 minuts candle finish) whether profit or loss."

The bot opened a sell when the ATR14 moved below the EMA14. It should only close the positions there not open new ones. I will post a picture to better explain.
3-11-2015 04-08-43 PM.png
I havent seen the buy situation because this pair is in down trend, but same rules for buy, only buy when cross over and close when swing down.

thanks again. :good:
John 3:16
SteveHopwood
Owner

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

xfactornos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 pm wrote:I just wanted to start off by saying thanks for coding this and releasing for us testers.

The bot does not follow the rules as posted by ALoveSupreme though.

"
Sell
Time frame 30 minutes candle EURUSD or GBPUSD
SMA 50 below SMA 200
Open sell after ATR 14 cross above EMA 14 (at the close of candle/wait until 30 minutes candle finish)
SL=TP=30 pips
If SL or TP is not achieved close the trade after ATR 14 cross below EMA 14 (at the close of candle/wait until 30 minuts candle finish) whether profit or loss."

The bot opened a sell when the ATR14 moved below the EMA14. It should only close the positions there not open new ones. I will post a picture to better explain.

I havent seen the buy situation because this pair is in down trend, but same rules for buy, only buy when cross over and close when swing down.

thanks again. :good:
What you quote is a misprint by the op. If you care to read his/her post with a tad more care you will find that the buy and sell conditionals he/she wrote are identical.

Guess what. I did a translation. Wow. How did I manage to work out that said translation was necessary?

So fella, given that I am not in the best of all possible moods tonight having spent what feels like a lifetime dealing with SHF dimwits, how long do you think your registration here will survive you being too lazy and thick to read the posts properly without an apology to me?

Trust me fella, we are talking a very brief span of time.Try the next time someone directs my attention to this thread. Over to you. The clock is ticking.

ALoveSvpreme
Trader

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

Sorry for the confusion, I copied and pasted the rules directly from the thread. From what I can see this must have been a typo, it makes sense that the ATR should be crossing downwards for the short position to be opened and cross back over the MA upwards for the close if TP is not reached but could we be wrong? The set up there looks as if it would have been profitable if Xfactornos was/is right? I guess we will find out. Thanks Xfactornos and Steve for bringing that to light.

Also, if anyone would like to test other time frames
M15 and H1 time frames can be traded using the following adjustments to ATR

M15 - ATR 14 x 2 = ATR 28
H1 - ATR 14 ÷ 2 = ATR 7

Cheers.
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

After reading an in depth explanation of ATR the original instructions may actually be correct as the volatility increases the ATR increases in height. I can't imagine you would want the ATR decreasing for a short entry meanwhile ATR increasing for long entry... would we? Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Sorry Steve, please don't chop my head off... I am just making sure we have the strategy correct and doing some learning in the process :ugeek:

Edit: After manually back testing using the ALS template Steve has provided I have come to the conclusion the original instructions must be correct. Using the original instructions the last 7 out of 9 short trades would have been winners, I have attached a photo. What do you guys think?
Last edited by ALoveSvpreme on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
nhtqngn14

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by nhtqngn14 »

First thank you Steve for creating EA. It was a nice clean code even though I don't fully understand everything yet but I have been learning C++ about 2 months ago. Once again thanks Steve.

About the strategy, I do agree with xfacto and Alove about the conditions to open trade. It does make sense that we want to trade when volatility increase.
Condition to open buy or sell in this strategy
when ATR is > than SMA
Close: when SL or TP is not achieved when SMA > ATR , then close the trade.

This is what I changed in code
Line 1405:

Code: Select all

if (SmaCrossStatus == crosslong)
for exit line 2061:

Code: Select all

//SMA/Atr recross
      if (SmaCrossStatus == crossshort)
         CloseThisTrade = true;
I have lot to learn from this forum. Please don't cut me short Steve.Thanks everyone.
SteveHopwood
Owner

ALoveSupreme EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

Let me know if I have not coded the trading conditions correctly:
  • buy:
    • short ma > long ma.
    • atr crosses above the sma of the atr from below.
  • sell:
    • short ma < long ma.
    • atr crosses below the sma of the atr from above.

Return to “Automated trading systems”