GummyBear

Sojourner
Trader

GummyBear

Post by Sojourner »

gummybear.JPG
I suck at trading (I'd LOVE some help!) and I suck even more at programming but I feel sort of like a hybrid of a leech and a wallflower compared to all the greatness displayed on this forum but I thought I needed to contribute "something", so I apologize in advance if it's laughable.

This is a slight Mod I made of the popular GumBot And I have named it Gummybear. It runs (default settings) on M1 EUR/USD (and others I suppose) .

I went live with it last week on ATC brokers to test and see if it was one of those creatures that do really well on demo and bomb in real life. So far, it has made two volleys of trades and both closed green. It doesn't trade with nearly the frequency on live as demo. My guess is the spreads because it does WAY better on ATC with lots more trades than it does on HotForex.

It needs a broker with a tight spread. Strategy test on ATCbrokers shows a good test. I have uploaded my mod and strategy test here for your amusement. The test did so well that the bot stopped trading when it approached 1000 lots. i guess Empty4 no likie 1000 lots. :roll:

Best I know is that it trades based upon volatility of some sort. Sometimes it seemingly goes dormant and then goes apeshit.

I've also gotten myself into making EAs. I've probably made and tested a bajillion in the last week. I've got this proggie called forex generator that lets me cheat on having to know much code. I'm stunned at how many strategies out there that supposedly work suck as EAs. Apparently the human element is very important.

Anyways, I hope this effort to contribute to the forum will be appreciated. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dixpat
Trader

Re: GummyBear

Post by Dixpat »

Isn't the modelling quality at 25% crappola and therefore the test results rather suspect
Sojourner
Trader

Post by Sojourner »

Dixpat wrote:Isn't the modelling quality at 25% crappola and therefore the test results rather suspect
Yah, I've tried the Script-o-hopwood to get history and and using the old way with history center, etc, and can't seem to get a decent tick modelling on the M1 timframe. I figured the only way to really test it is live.

Took several volleys live last night on the UJ and EU While I was sleeping. Both finished slightly negative.
Sojourner
Trader

Post by Sojourner »

Canning the EA. Works great in demo and at a profit on a low-spread broker but the lowest spread I could find eats up any profit in commissions. =/

Return to “Automated trading systems”