Fx Pooler ver 6b Single

Pooler
Trader
Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa. A friendly windy spot at the bottom of Africa

Fx Pooler ver 6b Single

Post by Pooler »

Hi all,

Edit 3 Please use latest version 6c Single and the set. file I've added (# # # ver 6c single) (. Do not use OTB settings as contained in the EA.

All Steve's usual warnings regarding EA's apply. This is a continuation of the PoolerSan thread. You'll need to read there just to get a grasp of what Fx Pooler ver 2.1 was about. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=925.

My stated aims have not change. This EA is provided for free. What I want in return is the assistance of the forum in removing any bugs from the EA, improving the coding (if necessary) and contributing towards improving the strategy. Mantkinth was kind enough to provide coding expertise to bring me this far--thanks so much for the assistance.

This the last pm I sent Steve--its self-explanatory.

[quote]Hi Steve

Need your advice and guidance. This is the Pooler San EA that I've tweaked and changed (with Mantkinth doing the coding). I sent the following mail to a couple of guys on the forums to help with testing. My stated intention of supplying this free of charge has not changed. As long it helps someone improve their financial situation I'm happy.

"Just a recap. The original FX Pooler ver. 2.1 has the following weaknesses (inherently all relating to drawdown). If your OR levels are too tight there are inevitably trades that will reach 10 levels and beyond. A remedy is too increase the OR levels but then you can end up with open trades that hang a long time decreasing your profit potential. You can increase the lot sizes and decrease the OR levels to hit TP earlier but there is still the danger of a runaway trade if the retracement is not big enough. Account size obviously also places a critical role.

What I did was hedge the original EA's pending limit trades (let's call this Retracement Strategy--RS) with a stop order at the same place as the pending orders. (Call this Momentum Strategy--MS). The TP of the RS then also becomes the trailing SL of the MS. Ideally both strategies trades should open and close at the same time. The difference in ask and bid spreads between the 2 trades sometimes causes a limit to open but not a stop order and vice-versa. The MS trades will not trigger on their own--they're dependent on the RS to open and close. Mantkinth coded the EA and named the MS "open strat".

Therefore I have a stop loss for the MS 1st level because if a MS trade triggers without filling the RS trade then you have an open trade without a SL.

The reason for the hedge is to try and combat drawdown when a trade runs. At the same time I want to make a profit when this happens. The only way to do this is to create a bias between the lot sizes on each strategy otherwise every trade will end on 0.

80-90% of trades close within 3 levels (OR) so there is small difference between lot sizes in the beginning. I have strat tested literally 100's of scenarios ---mainly on EU so I have a constant to measure against. I have attached the settings above. Any other currency pair will need an increase or decrease in the settings. There must be a constant bias/difference between the RS and MS TP%, OR and Lot sizes to be most effective.

The RS strategy OR levels are measured from one another but the MS levels are measured from the original Pivot Line (PL) which is at the opening candle at 23h00. There are literally 1000's of combinations you can try but see what works for you.

Thanks for assisting."

The problem I have is with a buy limit/sell order or sell limit/buy order not opening or filling TP at the same time...which kinda defeats the purpose of the strategy as described above. Is there a way to improve/adjust the existing code to ensure this happens? Must I start a new thread and see who will be able to do this?

Appreciate any guidance

Many thanks

Edit 3 Please use latest version 6c Single and the set. file I've added.# # # ver 6c single). ( Do not use OTB settings as contained in the EA.

I've added (Thanks Mantkinth) another 10 levels to the MS to improve the hedging

Edit 4 (30 April 2013..I removed all the existing EA's and set files and spreadsheets to avoid confusion because things have evolved dramatically since they were originally posted. I'm testing all 3 EA's. I'll post the first 2 EA's I'm currently using with the relevant settings.

1) Fx Pooler 6c single (thanks Mantkinth). This has the MS switched off because I couldn't get it to work properly but the original RS was sound. The EA has the annoying habit of opening and closing all pending trades within seconds at the opening of session time before placing the pending trades as per normal--so if any coder can fix then thanks.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY EA POSTED HERE OTB ----use the settings as per the spread sheet. I get so many PM's saying that the EA is not performing then its obvious that that the correct settings are not being used. I'm not going to describe what this EA does--Its been done ad nauseam in plenty of posts. Edit-With these settings I used 50k account. You can create a template for 6c single

2) FxPooler 6c2 (Thanks User Name). This EA does exactly the same as 6c single with RS but calculates the TP differently. MS is also switched off here. The TP% is the key setting here. It will place TP further away than 6c single but that means more profit...but you'll also have trades floating longer. No spread sheet for this one. Just set. file

Edit. 03 May 13.

The 6c2 was creating log files so User Name made a "no print" one. I've placed the latest one below. Strongly recommend u use it. Running out of disk space caused all kinds of grief to my computer. Obviously, settings don't change :evil:

Edit--As Sponn duly pointed out--"for 6c2 Pooler you should put it into 1st post"

1. With set attached you need 50 000 k usd demo.
2. YOU CAN'T USE TEMPLATE. You have to attach bot to each one chart" :D

Edit 6 May. Fx Pooler 6c2 has been replaced by Fx Pooler 6c2 no print ADR

I use an ADR setting of 35. Please read post made at 6 May 2013 16h25 GMT + 2 re this latest addition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pooler on Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.
A Luta Continua
peterke
Trader

Re: Fx Pooler ver 6a Single

Post by peterke »

Pooler, hi, tks for posting, I like the idea of this EA so look forward to being involved in fine tuning

rgds

Peter
batemap
Trader

Post by batemap »

Pooler

Can you confirm times, 1 hour before Asain open is 1 hour before Sydney or Tokyo open? EA stays on for 8 hours?

Cheers

Paul
Pooler
Trader
Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa. A friendly windy spot at the bottom of Africa

Post by Pooler »

Hi Paul,

I've added the set. file in Post # 1. Personally, I run this from 22h00 to 21h55. Basically 24hrs--which is a departure from the original. You can run Asia session only (which starts pre-Sydney and ends pre-Frankfurt) which will lower the risk but you'll get far less trades.

Depends on your risk appetite
A Luta Continua
blahn
Trader

Post by blahn »

passed a year and a half backtest ootb (and your set file of course), nice job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by blahn on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pooler
Trader

Post by Pooler »

Hi all,

Please ensure that you use the settings as per the spreadsheet in post # 1. NOT as they are in the EA as is.
A Luta Continua
ntjs
Trader

Post by ntjs »

Pooler,
Your (great) ea creates big daily logfiles.
Can you repair this or delete the old log files
Pooler
Trader

Post by Pooler »

Pooler,
I'm not a coder--at all. I understood this problem was solved previously?
Can anybody assist with this, please.

I'm putting together a post with all the various bugs and short comings that I've experienced so far that need ironing out. Anything extra that anyone experiences we can add to the list and tick them off once they've been addressed.
A Luta Continua
batemap
Trader

Post by batemap »

Pooler wrote:
Pooler,
I'm not a coder--at all. I understood this problem was solved previously?
Can anybody assist with this, please.

I'm putting together a post with all the various bugs and short comings that I've experienced so far that need ironing out. Anything extra that anyone experiences we can add to the list and tick them off once they've been addressed.
I can get rid of logs, tomorrow some time, but I don't know which are important so I'll either guess or take all the logs out. Also, I'll hard code the spreadsheet settings.

Paul
Pooler
Trader

Post by Pooler »

All,

I would appreciate it if any coders could assist with the following issues.

1) The biggest problem is a buy and sell not being filled at the same place. I understand Empty4 can't fill orders simultaneously but what I need is for the stop order to be filled in as short a time as possible after the limit order is filled. Even if there is pip or 2 difference this isn't an issue

2) The next issue is either the TP of the Retracement Strategy (RS) and the SL of the Momentum Strategy (MS) not closing at all. Ideally when the TP is filled with the RS then the MS trade must be closed. Having one of the strategies open defeats the purpose of the overall strategy.

3) Big daily log files

4) The following errors occur non-stop "GBPUSD FxPooler Ver 6a single OP_SELLSTOP order send failed with error(4107): invalid price parameter for trade function"

5) When the RS strategy is filled the EA set the next level pending limit trade correctly. However with the MS trade all 10 levels are set which is not ideal.
A Luta Continua

Return to “Automated trading systems”