Kruspe Gann EA

Kruspe
Trader

Kruspe Gann EA

Post by Kruspe »

Hi all,

Firts at all. I´m not sure if you know something about Gann and his work. It doesnt matter anyway. I attach some screens to clear it up. This EA is based on Gann price levels from Gann´s pyramid - square of 9. Pyramid contains numbers like (127,128,128 etc). It means 128 = 1.2800 for non-jpy pairs... and 150 = 150.00 etc. for jpy pairs. When you look to pyramid you will see numbers with green, yellow, blue and red color. So you can see where is the price.

Red - the most important
Blue - important
Yellow - important
Green - not very important

These levels are important because of some natural laws. It is actually reason why price reacts to these levels. I attach screen to show it on chart.

Web Forex-tribe has theory how price reacts on these levels. When a level is broken, the currency pair goes to the next level. To confirm a broken point signal the two next sessions (daily close) need to be closed 50 pips over up (over down). Check profit-loss curve from backtest EU 2009-2013 /3 days over 50 pips

I think it should be a little bit clearer for now. I will continue to write my thoughts ;)

Btw Kruspe EA was created by my friend Tom... Feel free to backtest it, improve it.. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kruspe on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Once you "see", you can not unsee. CJ
Kruspe
Trader

Re: Kruspe Gann EA

Post by Kruspe »

EurUsd (09-13)

Backtested with parameters

Days:5
Pips:1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeoTrader
Trader

Post by NeoTrader »

Hi Kruspe,
Kruspe wrote:EurUsd (09-13)

Backtested with parameters

Days:5
Pips:1
You are aware that backtesting with control points have none and I mean really none valuable information in it... you could also guess the outcome of an EA and would have the same or maybe an even greater probability of being right.

Just for your Info.

happy trading,

Robert

-
Kruspe
Trader

Post by Kruspe »

Yeah, you are absolutely right... BT on ticks has alsmost the same results.. it is only for demostration :)
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

Ok ... so did you (or your friend Tom) run this EA for a longer (!) time in forward test or even live ? ;)
mjws00
Trader

Post by mjws00 »

It is a high timeframe ea, ticks vs control points shouldn't be out by that much.

Gann was a really interesting guy. I always like the debates on his books and courses about which parts are real and which were built so he could trade against you. I read a bunch of his obscure stuff once upon a time. He was really into the secrecy, obfuscation, and misdirection thing. If I just plug round numbers into this EA i bet the performance is similar ;).

Cool and different idea Kruspe. I'll certainly play with it. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Reading the dark heart.
musky
Trader

Post by musky »

thanks for posting this.
ChicagoRob
Trader

Post by ChicagoRob »

Backtests look pretty good for this one. Will post results soon.

Rob
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

This is some illuminati type sh*t. Subscribed!
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
Kruspe
Trader

Post by Kruspe »

Hi all,

Sory, I didn´t tell it in my first post. I do not trade it on my live account and you shouldn´t either. It´s to early in this moment I think. Let´s test and improve it.

Well, I´m glad you are interested in this strategy. Jemook you´re right, it sounds like something unusual. ;) .

2 mjws00: You can try BT any levels you want and share it here. You said round numbers would have similar results. It´s great, right. Another way how to get profit. :)

Anyway, let´s continue.

We could trade also reversed pairs on fx. I try to clarify it. Let´s take EURUSD. Move from 1.32 to 1.31 is 100 pips, but on USDEUR (usdeur = 1/eurusd) it is not. It´s only 59 pips (0.7634 - 0.7575). If we want measure pips for each currency separately, we should make an order on FX. We should create 28 "artificial" pairs.

Therefor Gann levels for EURUSD are not the same as for USDEUR. I attach USDEUR chart with Gann lines. And then I draw solid lines for EU and dotlines for UE on my screen. (colors are identical with pyramide). I attach reversing script for Empty4. (experts/ scripts, then put on chart you want, then you will find reversed chart in offline charts)

I backtested also reversed levels with parameter (1 pip, 5 days, 2009-2013).

Return to “Automated trading systems”