RoundNumberTrap

magft
Trader

RoundNumberTrap

Post by magft »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
    Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
    Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
    Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
    This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
    At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
    To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
Strategy
Read http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=12&t=266 by Alpenkorps first.

It is based on PA with regards to round numbers (1.3, 1.31, 1.315) and opens two POs when PA hits one of these S&R levels, depending on settings. When a PO gets hit the other is removed and lot size increase using martingale style until a TP is hit then reset to base lot size.

EA inputs
You will find descriptions of many of the inputs in the attached Shell User Guide. This covers most of the widely used, generic inputs. Since the shell EA code contains so many more options that the strategy calls for, the OOTB settings are not necessarily consistent with the strategy and may not even make sense. After sufficient testing we may come up with meaningful OOTB settings. Until then, be sure to review them.

Strategy-specific inputs are:
AutoMagicNumber - Allows a magic number to be created based on EA name, pair and timeframe.
UseMartingale - turns on martingale using MartingaleLotMultiplier and MaxLotsAllowed.
TradeBigNumbers - controls how EA responds to big round numbers (1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc)
TradeHalfNumbers - controls how EA responds to half round numbers (1.315, 1.415, 1.515 etc)
DrawLines - Adds horizontal lines to chart using following settings:
  • RoundNumColor=Yellow;
    RoundNumWidth=1;
    RoundNumStyle=STYLE_DASH;
    BigNumColor=Yellow;
    BigNumWidth=1;
    BigNumStyle=STYLE_SOLID;
    HalfNumColor=Yellow;
    HalfNumWidth=1;
    HalfNumStyle=STYLE_DOT;
Sharing with FF
Feel free to upload the EA to FF, once we've achieved a level of stability.

Let the bug reports begin!

Update 22nd January 2012

Now up to version 1.05, added the following features:
  • George and i have rewritten the MonitorOCO() routine to make sure we cover all scenarios that should occur. So now the martingale should work as required.
  • I have added RiskPercent option, you need to turn off Martingale and make sure there is a StopLoss value specified.

Update 23rd January 2012

Now up to version 1.06, added the following features:
  • Minor bug fix that i noticed during forward testing that should have been done after MonitorOCO rewrite to make sure it is called whenever trades are open, though i think there maybe another one so i am currently testing on several pairs and monitoring.
DO NOT TRADE THIS LIVE just yet we need a few days forward testing to ensure it is working correctly.

Update 23rd January 2012

Now up to version 1.07, added the following features:
  • Minor bug fix to MonitorOCO to stop multiple stops being closed then opened.
  • Added Results feedback to list per pair the number of wins and loses
DO NOT TRADE THIS LIVE just yet we need a few days forward testing to ensure it is working correctly.

Update 24th January 2012

Now up to version 1.08, added the following features:
  • More bug fixing to MonitorOCO to stop multiple stops being closed then opened, seems to have calmed down now.

I have it running OOTB on 20 pairs, and it seems to be running much better and using less cpu overheads. So far results not great but i need to see how the martingale is working, only got to level 2 so far with trades. This should back test ok now, i ran it in visual mode and it seemed to be doing the right thing. If you find a good example of more than L2 let me know and i'll test it out.

Update 24th January 2012

Now up to version 1.09, added the following features:
  • More bug fixing, thanks to George to MonitorOCO to stop multiple stops being closed then opened, seems to have calmed down now.
Update 24th January 2012

Now up to version 1.10, added the following features:
  • More bug fixing that i have seen running 20 pairs occasionally if a trade cannot open you end up with only 1 trade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by magft on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Alpenkorps
Trader

Re: RoundNumberTrap

Post by Alpenkorps »

Excellent. Magnificent work Mike :D

I'll post my backtest results soon.
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

Hi Mike,
Something is not working, its either my settings, or another bloop in the code.
The martingale sequence fail I told you about (after level 2) is still there. See the graph, if lot multiplying works perfectly, the graph would be always bullish after a TP reached.

Could you please check into that? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beaggarf

Post by Beaggarf »

Hey, did you had a look into my brain? I thought this week that such an EA would be cool and... here it is. Great work.

One thing I have noticed: Does TradeBigNumbers mean 1.3, 1.4 , 1.5 or 1.30, 1.31, 1.32,... ?

The idea behind this EA is quite simple but if you know what you are doing it is a goldmine (At least Graeme taught us so on FF!)

Btw. folks: The EAs coming up here become better and better! I wish I could program also some but I have a long way to go to learn it! :oops:
Regards, Chris.

Forex is a science! I have to learn before I begin to earn.
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

clisakowski wrote:Hey, did you had a look into my brain? I thought this week that such an EA would be cool and... here it is. Great work.

One thing I have noticed: Does TradeBigNumbers mean 1.3, 1.4 , 1.5 or 1.30, 1.31, 1.32,... ?

The idea behind this EA is quite simple but if you know what you are doing it is a goldmine (At least Graeme taught us so on FF!)

Btw. folks: The EAs coming up here become better and better! I wish I could program also some but I have a long way to go to learn it! :oops:
Believe me, that happened to me a lot!! I thought something up .. worked on it then finally found that someone already did it lol

The big numbers are every 100 pips (1.30,1.31) and mid numbers are the 50s.
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Alpenkorps wrote:
clisakowski wrote:Hey, did you had a look into my brain? I thought this week that such an EA would be cool and... here it is. Great work.

Believe me, that happened to me a lot!! I thought something up .. worked on it then finally found that someone already did it lol

The big numbers are every 100 pips (1.30,1.31) and mid numbers are the 50s.
In the code, and based on your info and how Graeme EA works, big numbers are 1.3 1.4 1.5, round numbers are 1.30 1.31 1.32,1.33 and half numbers are 1.305 1.315 1.325.

I'll have a look into the martingale code again.

Hope this helps.

Mike
chaveznqoos
Trader

Post by chaveznqoos »

Hi magft
Can you add the option % risk if "Martingale= False" ?
Thanks.
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

chaveznqoos wrote:Hi magft
Can you add the option % risk if "Martingale= False" ?
Thanks.
Yes, i was going to do it at the start but wanted to get trading logic fixed first. George has made an excellent suggestion that i am working on, though i'm off out soon, that should be ready for testing tomorrow.

I want to get basics right first as per Alpenkorps strategy and test before adding other options.

Regards

Mike
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Update in post #1
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Update in post #1