Master Zen

fx800
Trader

Master Zen

Post by fx800 »

SERIOUS WARNING
Most Forex traders lose all their money.
Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.

HEALTH WARNING : DO NOT USE THIS EA ON A LIVE ACCOUNT.

Zen came up with a brilliant idea, combing the use of Heiken Ashi with Bob's strategy of using 240LWMA for trend, Daily pivot cross for entry.

Basic entry rules :

1. Buy when price is above 240LWMA, HA candle closed blue and the last candle crossed and closed above the daily pivot.

2. Sell when price is below 240LWMA, HA candle closed red and the last candle crossed and closed below the daily pivot.

Exit rules as in original ea for the moment and can be found in the original thread. As I understand it, exit when the HA changes colour on candle close.

Zen devised the strategy to trade on H4 time frame.

Zen's thread 10.5 for Monkeys can be found here

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3156

I am aware of an existing ea Change the colour by Magft which can be easily adapted to trade 10.5 for Monkeys. I was waiting for one of our brilliant coders to code Zen's strategy. As none is forthcoming yet, adapting Magft's ea is a temporay measure to explore Zen's ideas.

The use of Magft's ChangeTheColour ea and its settings can be found here

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=5&t=221

Hopefully, we can enlist the help of our brilliant coders in Steve's forum to develop this mod ea further.

UPDATE 28-9-2013 v.5.09 Added weekly pivot boundary filter. Set UseBoundaryFilter to true to enable it.
The default BoundaryMode is 2 -- this means the ea will not enter trades outside WR2/WS2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 am, edited 35 times in total.
milanese
TechAdmin

Re: Master Zen

Post by milanese »

Hi Peter,

subscribed, thanks for the idea :)

Cheers :)

Tommaso
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

milanese wrote:Hi Peter,

subscribed, thanks for the idea :)

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Hi Tommaso,

Welcome to the party :!:

peter
zentauro67
Trader

Post by zentauro67 »

Hi, Peter. The blushing "master" greets you. :oops:

Thanks for developing the system as an EA. Although the principles are simple, it requires a lot of discipline and patience to be applied manually.

I will start next week to observe closely the behavior of the EA, to see if I can be of some help in its development.

Like all backtests have been made on closed candles, it is very important that the EA only do operations (open or close) at the exact time of 4H closing. For example, if we are in a trade and a color change happens, this should not be taken into consideration until the candle closes.

It is also important that trades be open only at the first candle crossing a pivot, and maybe we should set a minimum amount of pips to validate the cross. Sometimes, in areas of consolidation (porcupines) small crosses happen, as little scratches, giving false entries.

The MM needs some deeper thought. The original rule (SL 15 pips above/below the pivot) only works well when the cross happened in momentum. For medium or shy crossess, we should seek a better MM. (The trade needs some extra room to breathe)

Thanks again for your work and good luck!
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

Peter

If you need a hand let me know and i'll try and help out if i can.

Good work.

Regards

Mike
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

magft wrote:Peter

If you need a hand let me know and i'll try and help out if i can.

Good work.

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your generosity. I am sorry I didn't ask for your permission before I started tampering with your ea. It was done at the spur of the moment, I can assure you.

A hundred apologies again :!:

For a start, I wonder if it would be possible to convert the code for a NORMAL CANDLE closing across a daily pivot to that of an HA CANDLE doing the same thing. The values may be different.

Anyway, very kind of you to drop in and offer your help.

Cheers,
peter
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

zentauro67 wrote:Hi, Peter. The blushing "master" greets you. :oops:

Thanks for developing the system as an EA. Although the principles are simple, it requires a lot of discipline and patience to be applied manually.

I will start next week to observe closely the behavior of the EA, to see if I can be of some help in its development.

Like all backtests have been made on closed candles, it is very important that the EA only do operations (open or close) at the exact time of 4H closing. For example, if we are in a trade and a color change happens, this should not be taken into consideration until the candle closes.

It is also important that trades be open only at the first candle crossing a pivot, and maybe we should set a minimum amount of pips to validate the cross. Sometimes, in areas of consolidation (porcupines) small crosses happen, as little scratches, giving false entries.

The MM needs some deeper thought. The original rule (SL 15 pips above/below the pivot) only works well when the cross happened in momentum. For medium or shy crossess, we should seek a better MM. (The trade needs some extra room to breathe)

Thanks again for your work and good luck!
Hi Zen,

This thread was inspired by your brilliant ideas, so it is aptly named.

Further development will be guided by your findings in forward testing. You mentioned about an outer boundary filter in an earlier post, I have already had offers of help in this regard.

As regards a buffer for crossing of the DP, that could easily be added. I believe Bob uses a buffer of about 10 pips for entry, and a SL of 20 pips above/below pivot.

In general, I am used to using ATR X 2 for SL. It is my belief that if a trade is worth taking, then we need to give it room to breathe for the strategy to play out.

Let us work together and see if we could churn out something useful.

Good luck to your endeavours too.

peter

:D
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

I would like to state it clearly from the start that I am not a coder, and I have stated many times before that I couldn't code even if my life depended on it.

But, that does not stop me from enlisting the help of many expert coders in Steve's forum.

So, if something needs changing, please be patient, I am sure it will be sorted out in due course.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

It is also important that trades be open only at the first candle crossing a pivot
I thought you mentioned in your thread that one can enter at the first candle crossing the DP, and re-enter at subsequent candles closing above/below DP.

The present code caters for the latter.

Perhaps, we should have the option of main entry and re-entry, depending on trading conditions. Any volunteers ?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

Right now, many pairs are trading outside WR2/WS2 following FOMC meeting recently.

So, won't be expecting any profitable entries. It is natural to expect some retracements from profit taking before the weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”