MaryJane's resizer update

MaryJane

Post by MaryJane »

matt_32 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:43 am wrote:Damn...... update.

It seems that MaryJane's (invaluable) resizer does not work anymore !!!

Matt
fixed :smile:
passing strings from/to user32.dll the quick and dirty way doesn't work with ansi winapi anymore.

unfortunately, i had to drop the infinite loop inside the ea.. new Empty4 builds behave very angry when calling winapi from within a loop, everything is fine if the crap is driven by ticks.. so if you insist on smooth operation independent of ticks coming from the price feed, you have to run some tick generator in background.. considering this, there is really no advantage in using the EA rather than the indicator, the reason for using the EA has been its independence on ticks, and that's gone.. i recommend to simply attach the indi version to any chart and run a ticker all the time.
InputResizer_600.mq4
InputResizerEA_600.mq4
NB: the attached versions won't work with older builds because of calling unicode winapi things.. so if you're still using 509 or below, stick to the original code.

cheers, J ;)

last edit: cleanup unused externs in code
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MaryJane on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milanese
TechAdmin

Re: MaryJane's resizer update

Post by milanese »

MaryJane » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:06 pm wrote:fixed :smile:
passing strings from/to user32.dll the quick and dirty way doesn't work with ansi winapi anymore.

unfortunately, i had to drop the infinite loop inside the ea.. new Empty4 builds behave very angry when calling winapi from within a loop, everything is fine if the crap is driven by ticks.. so if you insist on smooth operation independent of ticks coming from the price feed, you have to run some tick generator in background.. considering this, there is really no advantage in using the EA rather than the indicator, the reason for using the EA has been its independence on ticks, and that's gone.. i recommend to simply attach the indi version to any chart and run a ticker all the time.

NB: the attached versions won't work with older builds because of calling unicode winapi things.. so if you're still using 509 or below, stick to the original code.

cheers, J ;)
Hi J

welcome here, and thank you for posting your update here :cheer:

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

MJ, fantastic. Thanks.

Tommaso, you know what I am struggling with at the mo, so could you do me a favour please? Keep Mary's link location for me so I can change it in my signature etc when I get around to it. Thanks.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
matt_32
Trader

Post by matt_32 »

Thank you MJ
That is fantastic

Matt
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato 347 BC
MaryJane

Post by MaryJane »

hey guys :D i just happened to come across your site after a rather long time to see what kind of trouble came with the latest build and how do top coders cope with it.. and saw matt_32's fresh (!) post about the resizer :D i had no idea the thing survived the past yrs.. haha, still seems to be of some use.. quite funny actually, given the sheer amount of changes they did since the resizer came out :P

i don't code much general stuff recently, but i'm spending a _lot_of_time_ on a weighted currency indices project.. classical offline charts stuff relying on .hst and a a few custom DLLs connected to a remote DB engine.. fortunately, i saw the changes coming with 509+ beta builds and was able to transit almost everything before the upgrade went public.

yeah, they messed up everything, forced upgrading and lack of an option to stay on the old road is unprecedentedly impertinent :D ..clearly a consequence of lacking competition (client) allowing MQ to tie brokerages down to a completely passive role (server).. remember, they're Russian, and Russians ain't dumb.. strategically, they always were, and still are, genial (a honest compliment, not a slightest bit of anything foul meant here!!!).

BUT on the other side (hey Steve, don't ban me for this, just my opinion, lol)... from what i see, the changes made to mql are definitily positive, and consider this: MT5 has definitely turned out to be a giant commercial flop because of total incompatibility with existing codebase. Maybe i'm a hopeless dreamer, but if they FINALLY added custom timeframes, non-time-based charts, 64bit and multicore support, and dropped the misfit MT5 completely, we could stay with the current mql flavour (and enjoy compatibility at source level) for years, perhaps another decade.. i'm betting a bit it's the way they chose, they simply can't cut the Empty4 base off and if i'm right, then the recent change is the last big one for a long time. They won't commit the same self-destructing crime again, as they did with MT5. Scratching MT5 is what the current mess is all about.. they have virtually no other option and the way they go is perhaps their only way out. I guess the current Empty4 version will slowly grow up to date technologically, and become MT6 in foreseeable time. Some (temporarily dropped) features in earlier pre-600 betas clearly confirm my hypothesis.. but time will tell.. it always does ;)

As a coder, I see minor problems with all that, as every single source code can be fixed rather easily.. for non-coding users, it's a major PITA right now. i really don't advocate MQ, in fact i hate their approach, but things must go forth, on all fronts.

ah, blabbered too much :P

great forum btw :) keep going!! :D J
MaryJane

Post by MaryJane »

In one of my last posts at the Forex Factory, I paid you a well deserved compliment.
Hi Khalid :clap: thank you :oops:

life taught me to see things as they are, not as they should be in anyone's opinion, including mine.. and adapt to exploit new positives ;)

nevertheless, MQ painfully deserves some real competition.. the monopoly they enjoy stinks.

Glad to meet you here :D J
MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

Thank you, MaryJane. I use the re-sizer all the time! :yahoo:

Sam
Radar
Trader

Sticky?

Post by Radar »

Hey Admins,

I reckon this thread should be stickified before it sinks into oblivion...

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
milanese
TechAdmin

Sticky?

Post by milanese »

Radar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 am wrote:Hey Admins,

I reckon this thread should be stickified before it sinks into oblivion...

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
done thanks mate :)

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
Radar
Trader

Sticky?

Post by Radar »

Thanks, Tommaso :)

I'm gonna need it with my current project ;)

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2

Return to “Automated trading systems”